TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Regular cruise control possible?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by stefan.bc, Feb 9, 2017.

1. stefan.bc

stefan.bc I see dead headlights!

Hi,

Is there a way to enable the regular cruise control?
    Currently HW2 software doesn't allow you to enable cruise control above 75, but I prefer doing 79 when possible.

Thank you

2. Yinn

Yinn Member

My cruise control on my AP2 S60D works normally. No EAP/FSD functions, just regular cruise control.

3. stefan.bc

I think it used to work for me before the auto-pilot update(last 2).
    After the update, 1 pull -> cruise control with "Follow", 2 pulls Auto Steer if available.

4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

There have been a few cars that had ACC but allowed you to engage a conventional "blind" cruise control over the years.

Tesla has never done that, though - AP equipped cars are without any cruise control when they can't see enough for TACC, and presumably that means no cruise faster than TACC allows either.

Having two versions of cruise control in the same car, one which responds to traffic and one which doesn't invites confusion and an accident due to having the wrong one engaged...

5. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

TAAC now allows 80 MPH if you got the latest update (many people got it this weekend). So you can go 79 MPH either already, or very shortly.

TAAC on AP1 allows up to 90 MPH, so the assumption is that Tesla is working up to at least that.

6. Yinn

Yinn Member

That's the difference. I don't have EAP, so no auto steer and follow for me. Just regular dumb cruise. After the update you probably lost that and got the enhanced cruise

7. stefan.bc

So "enhanced" it detects overpasses as potetial obstacles and hard breaks the car in the middle of the highway.
    Anyone knows a way to disable it?