Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected 4 cars, was told they would not request more cars for me

Would you reject this car

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of these responses are really unfair (and condescending).

Everyone has to decide what's important to them. I've always driven Toyotas (Last few cars included a Prius and now a Prius Prime) and I'm used to cars that never break or have issues (I know every manufacturer has some issues but in general my Priuses (Priui?) have been indestructible.) The thought of having manufacturing defects or other problems and then needing to wait weeks for a fix is something that would drive me crazy. Some people buy Jeeps. They are incredibly unreliable but those owners deal with it because it comes with the territory if you want that car. Everybody decide what is and isn't important to them. I personally wouldn't care at all (and probably wouldn't even notice) panel gap issues. If that is what is important to this person they have the right to that decision. There is clearly less quality control going out of the factory then other manufacturers. Lets not ridicule someone for deciding what issues they care about. FWIW- I think we all believe that there issues will continue to get better over time.
No one expects the OP to accept a car with mechanical issues, but his issues were cosmetic, and potentially could be easily fixed, door gaps or trunk gaps. The taillight gap is due to the trunk. Presumably, he gave us his best example of the terrible cars he was seeing. A fixable taillight gap is ludicrous.

I think that because of all of the news on this subject people are scrutinizing this more than they would have with other cars. I honestly have never even really looked at the panel gaps on my current car. If there was a glaring issue I'd probably see it, but if it were an issue I'd have to measure with calipers I'd probably never notice. It's just a car, not a Picasso.

Last edited:
For me it does stick out like a sore thumb, and I already explained why I was not confident that it could be repaired.

To each their own man. But you have to admit that rejecting 4 cars is a lot. Perhaps Tesla is simply not capable of living up to your standards.

I haven't actually got my car yet, so who knows what, if anything, I'll notice when I go to pick it up. I'm hoping that whatever it wrong with it (assuming theirs something) it'll be something I can live with because I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of rejecting the car and waiting again.

That was already explained like many other previously explained details that keep getting rehashed. The car was taken into the delivery center shop (not service center since not nearby). The said it was adjusted, but the taillights looked the same.

On previous ocassion, it was said it was screwed in place and could not be adjusted.

Another ocassion first car they said they were not sure if service center could fix it.

So if it were known it could br fixed it would have been purchased. Did not want to take the 4th car and end up returning it. At least the rejected car can just be assigned to another person easily.

Also 2 of the cars had bad paint on the bumber that looked grayish and spekled in the lower inner part like the costings were bot completed maybe.

I guess people assume because one is picky on something specific, they are for everything. That is not the case.

No, I would notice it anyway and for ME it sticks out like a sore thumb. Sorry that I am differerent than certain intolerant people.

For me it does stick out like a sore thumb, and I already explained why I was not confident that it could be repaired.

Op,

Did you create a new account just so you could continue to reply to this thread? You dont have to justify your feelings to anyone, not sure why you keep trying to do so.

• Funny
Reactions: robski and Nels
Popcorn time,

I can relate to the poster, but not for very long...

iu

Reactions: bhzmark
I am going to sumarize what has happened in this theread, and I find it interesting what it has shown about a few posters.

It was explained that cars were rejected all due to the same issue. Very uneven left and right taillight gaps. That basically it sticks out like a sore thumb (which is something personal and subjective).

It was explained that delivery center tried to fix it, and were not confident or even asserted that it could be repaired at service center.

It was explained to delivery center reason for rejection, exactly the same one 4 times. So all that was needed was a car with even tailights. Like you get from any mass produced car. They could not deliver thay and didnt want to deal with it, that is fine I dont blame them.

A few i people felt like they needed to post condecending, insulting, snippy and angry comments. Just because my level of tolerance is different. Because if it does not stick like a sore thumb to them, it shouldnt to me.

What does this day of these posters. They are intolerant to different people. Maybe they have some type of unhapiness.

Maybe they are stuck in a 2 year old child phase, where they get frustrated because they are not yet capable of understanding that other people may have different preferences or even quirks.

Or maybe they are just plain sad and angry inside and feel more free to release their negativity from behind the screen.

These types of personalities seem to reflect the ugly part of society. Can you imagine if this little diference makes them so upset, how about bigger differences?

It also shows that they dont bother being informed, by for example reading the thread, before making erroneous statements.

And BTW so far 18% in survey would reject, do all the snippy comments and attempts yo ridicule also apply to them? Are they all OCD?

I have replied respectfully to respectful posters. The others either need to grow up or are just basically not good at the core

To me, what it shows is that for some reason, you seem to need the approval of "the internet" for a decision you made. You disagree with anyone who does not agree with your position, and stooped to personal attacks for people who did not agree (enough to get banned). You then created a new account just so you could continue to reply to this thread.

You see "18 percent of people would reject" . Others see "over 80% of people would keep". You keep thinking its about the fact you were not happy with the panel gaps. to me, its only partially about that. The way you have interacted here is likely the way you interacted at the service center as well.

Not sure why you feel the need to get approval here. Your opinions are your own, and valid for you. You are not going to convince the majority of others here that you were somehow "right". You were "right" for yourself and 18% of others. No one else is spending your money, so why do you care what everyone else thinks about your car choices?

You simply can NOT say "I dont care" because you obviously do, or you would not have carried on responses to this thread so long, even going so far as to create another account to continue to try to convince people of... what exactly?

The biggest reason for the response is we can not figure out why you want so badly to defend your position when its not needed. Its your money, do what you want with it.

Reactions: OCR1, KenC and Nels
Some of these responses are really unfair (and condescending).

Everyone has to decide what's important to them. I've always driven Toyotas (Last few cars included a Prius and now a Prius Prime) and I'm used to cars that never break or have issues (I know every manufacturer has some issues but in general my Priuses (Priui?) have been indestructible.) The thought of having manufacturing defects or other problems and then needing to wait weeks for a fix is something that would drive me crazy. Some people buy Jeeps. They are incredibly unreliable but those owners deal with it because it comes with the territory if you want that car. Everybody decide what is and isn't important to them. I personally wouldn't care at all (and probably wouldn't even notice) panel gap issues. If that is what is important to this person they have the right to that decision. There is clearly less quality control going out of the factory then other manufacturers. Lets not ridicule someone for deciding what issues they care about. FWIW- I think we all believe that there issues will continue to get better over time.
Agree everyone entitled to their priorities. But if you get on a Tesla forum, author a poll, and berate everyone who votes against you...

Reactions: NoMoGas
I pulled out the calipers the fourth visit, not no aid in the decision but to record the measurements. Eye balling it from many feet enough was enough to make the decision. And also to notice front door not aligned with back door. That is 3 times the gap in one side compared to the other BTW.

So? You can always re-align panels. Most of the "door alignments" are actually just the chrome molding. I've had worse on a Maserati. Gaps don't get you to a destination.

• Love
Reactions: CMoZ
Reactions: CMoZ