Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t reject for those reasons — those can be fixed in a few days with no mechanical or invasive issues involved.
Part of the problem is:

• the owner has to catch the issues
  • the owner has to inform Tesla of these issues within the first 100 miles (I don't rightly know what the time allowance is)
  • the owner then has to return the vehicle for repairs and corrections for an unknown amount of time because of the lack of parts
  • the owner might have to find their own transportation while Tesla works on the problems
  • if the owner doesn't aggressively and thoroughly follow through with Tesla, Tesla doesn't always agree with resolving the problems
The main issue is that it's up to the owner to do the work that Tesla has been paid to do up front and should have been completed prior to delivery.

Part of the problem is:

• the owner has to catch the issues
  • the owner has to inform Tesla of these issues within the first 100 miles (I don't rightly know what the time allowance is)
  • the owner then has to return the vehicle for repairs and corrections for an unknown amount of time because of the lack of parts
  • the owner might have to find their own transportation while Tesla works on the problems
  • if the owner doesn't aggressively and thoroughly follow through with Tesla, Tesla doesn't always agree with resolving the problems
The main issue is that it's up to the owner to do the work that Tesla has been paid to do up front and should have been completed prior to delivery.
Yes this is exactly it. I will accept issues that can be dealt with on delivery day. But anything that needs parts or the thought of multiple service visits will be rejected.

I learned my lesson with my 3

Reactions: pilotSteve
So to dispel some of the BS I've heard here. I rejected delivery of the MX (see previous post in this thread) and they immediately put me back on the list. I now have a new VIN assigned and ready for pickup (delay of only 4 days). Thus, to counter the BS I've heard here: 1) no they didn't delay delivery 6+ months, 2) no the price did not bump up to the new pricing. This should give you some confidence to reject a car you don't feel is just right for you.

So to dispel some of the BS I've heard here. I rejected delivery of the MX (see previous post in this thread) and they immediately put me back on the list. I now have a new VIN assigned and ready for pickup (delay of only 4 days). Thus, to counter the BS I've heard here: 1) no they didn't delay delivery 6+ months, 2) no the price did not bump up to the new pricing. This should give you some confidence to reject a car you don't feel is just right for you.
Where are you located?

I also took this opportunity to change to black from MSM and my EDD did not change.

Just to post the other side: I have owned four Teslas, three Ses and one 3. All were clean and prepped before delivery, the paint had no defects (though I didn't check it), and they had driven it a couple miles to check for ride quality and squeaks and rattles. Your story is probably the exception rather than the rule, though I wish there were no exceptions. And it could be your Service Center/Dealer. Some are known to be sloppy and care-less.

Just to post the other side: I have owned four Teslas, three Ses and one 3. All were clean and prepped before delivery, the paint had no defects (though I didn't check it), and they had driven it a couple miles to check for ride quality and squeaks and rattles. Your story is probably the exception rather than the rule, though I wish there were no exceptions. And it could be your Service Center/Dealer. Some are known to be sloppy and care-less.
This is my second Tesla, first one was fine.

If you check just under the poster's picture, it says "San Francisco". I would guess that's probably where he's located.
on mobile it is not.