Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejecting Fremont VIN for Austin?

Reject Fremont for Austin?

• No way! Are you Nuts!?

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Yep, bring me that beautiful 4680 - I ain't riding dirty on no 2170

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 1st world problems, move on...

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refusing a vin can get your order cancelled , Tesla is becoming less and less tolerent so don't be surprised if you get your order cancelled . If you are saving thousands based upon when your ordered then I wouldn't chance it but if its just a matter of the $250 order fee then I would just cancel the order and wait for the Austin guarentee if its that important.

ALso refusing a few Vins may get your future orders cancelled as well

Reactions: Winning Guy
Just had a Fremont VIN assigned for MY LR, I'm in PA and was really hoping for Austin. What do I do?
Its going to be a little while before they are tool up to build 2170's in any quantity and besides that your likely to see all kinds of Gap issues when they do.
If the Car from Fremont looks good when you get it then keep it , if nore refuse it , I wouldn't try passing on a VIN unless there is a problem or you may end up with something bad on the next pass or get your order cancelled.

I did this in late March, when Austin had started building Y's, but we later found out they weren't filling orders. That bought me two months and when the next one comes in, I will have to take delivery.

If this one doesn't meet your standards, take delivery and order another one.

Tesla told me I could reject 1 VIN only…I asked because the new legislation passed after I ordered but doesn’t take affect until 1/1/23…meaning if my delivery comes before, I lose out on the 7500 point of sale credit…what would you do?

Tesla told me I could reject 1 VIN only…I asked because the new legislation passed after I ordered but doesn’t take affect until 1/1/23…meaning if my delivery comes before, I lose out on the 7500 point of sale credit…what would you do?
When did you order? What is your current EDD? What is your current config?
If you have a more recent order then you won't be paying into any price increase (at least not yet) if you cancel and wait.
If you have an EDD that is close to the end of the year and have options on a MYLR order then you could switch to a base MYLR and that should delay about 3 months on average.
If you ordered before the March and June price increases then you will likely break even if you just keep your delivery in 2022 or cancel and reorder for 2023.