Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rego, thanks for this great app. I think I was among the first ones to install it (if not first)...
Earlier in this thread you asked if anyone with km-setting sees the range in miles. Well, I do, kind of. In the glances the estimated range is shown in miles while at the same time in the phone app the same estimated range is given in km.

Rego, thanks for this great app. I think I was among the first ones to install it (if not first)...
Earlier in this thread you asked if anyone with km-setting sees the range in miles. Well, I do, kind of. In the glances the estimated range is shown in miles while at the same time in the phone app the same estimated range is given in km.

Okay, thanks for the bug report. I will fix that in version 2.0.

BTW, Tesla contacted me and they did not ask me to remove the app. They actually want me to work on their current app. Hmm...

This is another reason to love Tesla. they are relentless about seeking good talent to work for them. only the best and most innovative companies wld do this. Most others wld be scared of outsiders upsetting their status quo.

This is another reason to love Tesla. they are relentless about seeking good talent to work for them. only the best and most innovative companies wld do this. Most others wld be scared of outsiders upsetting their status quo.
I took this another way: Tesla does not have enough GUI programers available and has to look elsewhere for talent. Case in point is the slow release of basic features that should have been released years ago. I think in all these years, they would have found someone by now. I think they are trying to run their programing staff on a shoestring budget. It's that, or their programers have never driven or used a car before, let alone a Model S.

Like everyone else, I love the app.

one question and one comment:

Question: the last screen, Location, has been blank for me for days. Today it suddenly started to show a map with where the car is. Has something changed to make this work, and what are the force touch options on that screen please?

Comment: for European users, the max charge rate is 30A on AC though you have more with a supercharger or CHAdeMO. It would be Nice if your proposed drop down list of max amps offerered low end 5, 7, 10, 13 and 20 as options before your list limits.

Like everyone else, I love the app.one question and one comment:Question: the last screen, Location, has been blank for me for days. Today it suddenly started to show a map with where the car is. Has something changed to make this work, and what are the force touch options on that screen please?Comment: for European users, the max charge rate is 30A on AC though you have more with a supercharger or CHAdeMO. It would be Nice if your proposed drop down list of max amps offerered low end 5, 7, 10, 13 and 20 as options before your list limits.
Not sure why it would turn on suddenly. Nothing changed. There's no API command for changing the charge amps. If they add it, I'll add it.

Great app, just picked it up myself. Really impressive job! Thanks!
IMG_5043.jpg
IMG_5038.jpg

I think there is a bit of a bug related to the status of the car being locked or unlocked. See the screenshot which says "locked" but shows the door open. Also, sometimes the app will say the car is unlocked when it is locked and vice versa.
image.jpg

I think there is a bit of a bug related to the status of the car being locked or unlocked. See the screenshot which says "locked" but shows the door open. Also, sometimes the app will say the car is unlocked when it is locked and vice versa.View attachment 82121

Thanks for reporting the bug. I'm guessing that this happened when you pressed the lock/unlock button? It eventually corrects itself after a status update from the car, right?

Congrats on the app. A little feedback -

The UI is pretty but I find it a little confusing and it makes me nervous because it's not immediately clear what is a control and what is a display. I am kind of afraid I'm going to accidentally unlock the car or open the roof when I didn't intend to. I realize that your app is more in line with the iOS 7 style than the original Tesla app but I think it's particularly important in this case that things that act like buttons or controls be visually distinguishable. Grouping all of the controls into one panel at the bottom instead of two separate ones might make this a little clearer... but they are awfully small targets with no borders and some important side effects.

Just some hopefully constructive feedback. Again, good work.

BTW, many of us know that you are about to undergo some major medical stuff, and fully expect you to be taking a break from your work & this app. When you do, please just let us all know, so that we can all lay off and not bug you until you give us the 'all clear'.

Many, many thanks again for both a great app but also your very active support.

Status
Not open for further replies.