Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rego: I received my watch yesterday and have been playing with it. I'm both impressed by the watch overall and by your app especially!

When you configure your "Timepiece screen" on the app you can customize it. For example in the "modular" setup you can have fields display stuff like calendar appointments, time for sunset, date, stock prices, battery remaining etc. (I have mine set for showing TSLA, LOL). The fact that you can set one of the fields to show a stock price tells me that it's possible to fetch data from other apps (in this case the stock app) and display it on the timepiece screen. Is there any way you could feed for example rated range so that one could enable it being shown on the timepiece screen?

rego: I received my watch yesterday and have been playing with it. I'm both impressed by the watch overall and by your app especially!

When you configure your "Timepiece screen" on the app you can customize it. For example in the "modular" setup you can have fields display stuff like calendar appointments, time for sunset, date, stock prices, battery remaining etc. (I have mine set for showing TSLA, LOL). The fact that you can set one of the fields to show a stock price tells me that it's possible to fetch data from other apps (in this case the stock app) and display it on the timepiece screen. Is there any way you could feed for example rated range so that one could enable it being shown on the timepiece screen?

I don't think I can access that. The "other" apps you mention are still Apple apps. apple gives us developers very few controls. Possibly in the future this will change.

How does breadcrumbs work? Can't see where my car's been. Tapped what looks like the breadcrumbs selector in the map view only of the app but nothing shows.

The breadcrumb mode doesn't work while your app is in the background. It only works while you're in the location tracking screen and have turned on breadcrumb tracking (icon is blue). Then you have to start moving the car and it will leave a breadcrumb every 5 seconds.

Wow look at this. No.4 all categories. Congrats and way to go!

IMG_7764.jpg

I don't think I can access that. The "other" apps you mention are still Apple apps. apple gives us developers very few controls. Possibly in the future this will change.
I hope this does change as I use the modular face and the temp is rarely right for Toronto - I would prefer using data from something like Wunderground rather than Apple but no dice.

Please add a confirmation screen (pop-up or something) before the car unlocks when clicking that option. Now the car can be unlocked without really realising it.

I'm most likely going to put all the commands into a drop down menu when you tap the top-left button and leave the main screen only for stats. Would that work as a confirmation screen for you? I prefer less taps to get to what you want. So this would take two taps: 1) Drop down menu button 2) Unlock car button.

I'm most likely going to put all the commands into a drop down menu when you tap the top-left button and leave the main screen only for stats. Would that work as a confirmation screen for you? I prefer less taps to get to what you want. So this would take two taps: 1) Drop down menu button 2) Unlock car button.

Sounds good to me!

About the lock/unlock: Your logic is opposite than Teslas. As far as I can see, and open padlock for you = "Unlock the car" while the same symbol in the Tesla app means "Car IS unlocked". I prefer to see the padlock represent the current state of the car, and not the state it will go to when you press it.

Sounds good to me!

About the lock/unlock: Your logic is opposite than Teslas. As far as I can see, and open padlock for you = "Unlock the car" while the same symbol in the Tesla app means "Car IS unlocked". I prefer to see the padlock represent the current state of the car, and not the state it will go to when you press it.

This is going to be fixed in version 2.0. I plan on displaying the states of the car like the way Bluetooth and Wifi work in the Apple pull up menu. This was suggested before, and I like the idea.

Allen - I am in awe of what you techie-type guys can do, so my only comment here is for all the very best with your upcoming procedure and, at least as importantly, with your recovery time. And I write all this from my own hospital bed, five days after major surgery.

Which has, of course, given me more than enough time to read through this entire fascinating thread. And as it appears I'll be spending the many recuperation months in the company of our P85, I'll surely be purchasing this app - consider it my bit to help out the ho$pital ouch.

Best of luck,
Audie

I purchased your app yesterday. A few questions, did you ever get a token regarding the app showing km instead of miles? My app is showing km and I am on the west coast. Also, instead of "Start Engine" how about "Start Car"? So far everything is working well. Looking forward to using the app on an apple watch. Thanks again.

Thanks so much as well for the Remote S app. I just wanted to add one thing, but I realize it probably is not possible. Imagine how cool it would be to be able to turn on and view the back and front cameras while on your iphone and away from your car? That'd be insane. heh.

Allen - I am in awe of what you techie-type guys can do, so my only comment here is for all the very best with your upcoming procedure and, at least as importantly, with your recovery time. And I write all this from my own hospital bed, five days after major surgery.

Which has, of course, given me more than enough time to read through this entire fascinating thread. And as it appears I'll be spending the many recuperation months in the company of our P85, I'll surely be purchasing this app - consider it my bit to help out the ho$pital ouch.

Best of luck,
Audie

Thanks. And yes, this is helping my massive hospital bills. You guys are a great group of people to work for. Understanding, supportive, and generous. I appreciate the support tremendously.

I purchased your app yesterday. A few questions, did you ever get a token regarding the app showing km instead of miles? My app is showing km and I am on the west coast. Also, instead of "Start Engine" how about "Start Car"? So far everything is working well. Looking forward to using the app on an apple watch. Thanks again.

Yup yup. All these are fixed in version 1.1, which will come out in a few days (waiting on Apple). A temporary fix to get the miles to display is to switch your car settings to display the charge in miles instead of charge %.

Thanks so much as well for the Remote S app. I just wanted to add one thing, but I realize it probably is not possible. Imagine how cool it would be to be able to turn on and view the back and front cameras while on your iphone and away from your car? That'd be insane. heh.

I wish. But unfortunately that's not part of the API. Perhaps in the future, it might be. Hopefully when the car switch to 4G from 3G, it'll have a good enough connection to have HD streaming video.

Regoapps, this is a terrible app. Horrendous. I'm supposed to be working, but can't stop glancing at my watch and flicking between the screens. :biggrin:

Your app is now in the central position on my watch. I'm even leaving it up running so it takes one less swipe to get to it (but I need a swipe to be able to tell the time!).

The phone side app is also incredibly useful. I find it quicker to use and more informative than Tesla's own version.

Thanks for all your hard work, and I hope you recover from your medical issues soon.
Mark.

Regarding the unlock car function. Above you mention a pop out menu for the unlock then tap the command. Since its 2 taps anyway, I'd much prefer the unlock button to be on the main screen with a confirmation requester coming up. Same thing with the charge port. Given that unlocking your car or popping the charge port by accident potentially leaves the car vulnerable, a confirmation dialog box would be a very good idea.

This is also especially for those of us with non motorized charge ports -- if I accidentally open my charge port when away from the car, I can't close it until I get back to it.

Regarding the unlock car function. Above you mention a pop out menu for the unlock then tap the command. Since its 2 taps anyway, I'd much prefer the unlock button to be on the main screen with a confirmation requester coming up. Same thing with the charge port. Given that unlocking your car or popping the charge port by accident potentially leaves the car vulnerable, a confirmation dialog box would be a very good idea.

This is also especially for those of us with non motorized charge ports -- if I accidentally open my charge port when away from the car, I can't close it until I get back to it.

Alright. I'm going to leave the option in to keep the commands displayed on the main screen with a confirmation pop-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.