Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Since the Patent infringement case only applies to the Apple Watch portion of the app, I am thinking about maybe splitting the app into two projects. One will be just for the Apple Watch, and one for the iPhone app. This way, even if the patent troll wins, I can minimize the amount of money he can win. Are you guys okay with that?

Great idea. Of course I'm biased since I don't have the Apple Watch, but I support you splitting the app into two separate projects.

Sounds like a great idea. Would this also help the app launch/update data more quickly on the watch?

Pretty sure that to increase responsiveness of the watch app, it would have to be updated to run natively on the watch, something that wasn't possible until recently. Given recent events, wouldn't seem likely that a ton of work will be going into the watch app until the troll is taken care of

Assuming the troll loses, is it possible to recover legal fees from him?

i started getting an odd red line on the app when opened? any clue what that means? everything is closed and locked on the car.

Photo Oct 18, 6 47 41 PM.JPG

Pretty sure that to increase responsiveness of the watch app, it would have to be updated to run natively on the watch, something that wasn't possible until recently. Given recent events, wouldn't seem likely that a ton of work will be going into the watch app until the troll is taken care of

Assuming the troll loses, is it possible to recover legal fees from him?

I can try to recoup legal fees, but it'd be a dozen companies trying to recoup fees from him, and the guy appears to be not wealthy. My lawyer said that I most likely will not see any money from him. The most I'll gain is maybe his patent, which in my opinion, is worthless.

i started getting an odd red line on the app when opened? any clue what that means? everything is closed and locked on the car.

I started getting it, too. It originally was meant to depict the front window defroster. And it appears that the API for version 7.0 changed the way the API for the front defroster worked, and thus this red line will be there until the app is updated to fix the issue. It makes sense that they changed the API on a whim, because I don't think the official apps ever reported whether the front or back defrosters were on. So they could change the API for that particular car status without breaking their old official apps.

I can try to recoup legal fees, but it'd be a dozen companies trying to recoup fees from him, and the guy appears to be not wealthy. My lawyer said that I most likely will not see any money from him. The most I'll gain is maybe his patent, which in my opinion, is worthless.

I started getting it, too. It originally was meant to depict the front window defroster. And it appears that the API for version 7.0 changed the way the API for the front defroster worked, and thus this red line will be there until the app is updated to fix the issue. It makes sense that they changed the API on a whim, because I don't think the official apps ever reported whether the front or back defrosters were on. So they could change the API for that particular car status without breaking their old official apps.

thank you for clarifying that i am not nuts! :cursing::confused:

i kept opening and closing the frunk yesterday like a crazy man thinking it was just a notice that it was open ajar. :biggrin:

Honestly while the watch app is nifty, I never use it, only your iPhone app. And I love my Apple Watch but for this use (locking/unlocking, keyless start, A/c controls) it's easier to use the phone. Actually I haven't had a key to the car with me for a week now.

id love to use 3D Touch for those basic functions and not have to open the app at all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.