Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Artsci, I had the same problem until i just downloaded the new version of the software and it works great again. The link for the download is buried somewhere on an earlier page of this thread (I know, not terribly useful information without the page number -- i think the new software version was .50 or something).
Sorry to say but this app no longer works for me -- crashes every time it tries to connect to the car. I've re-downloaded, rebooted -- nothing works. It's now useless and aside from an initial acknowledgement of the problem I've gotten no support or fixes whatsoever from the developer. Not good.

Has it by any chance been about 90 days since you first used the app? Have you tried the procedure to force it to obtain a new token from Tesla, as described below?

That fixed it for me. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Allen,

Echo works with IFTTT, using the word "trigger" followed by any phrase to trigger a recipe. So, you could say "Alexa, trigger Tesla heat" or "Alexa, trigger garage door" to specifically launch a dedicated web link. All you'd need to provide would be a link that triggers an event, allowing the user to append their custom car information. The Maker Channel (Connect Maker to hundreds of apps - IFTTT), for example, can make or receive webhooks.

The the beauty of an IFTTT solution is that it's not limited to Echo as the interface but any sensor or input, from time schedules, to locations, to weather conditions.

(Hope your recovery continues to be going well.)

I've been trying to get OVMS in as a channel for IFTTT for two years now. No response. Black hole. No public API for channel writers. I think they just don't want to work with the little guys.

I've been trying to get OVMS in as a channel for IFTTT for two years now. No response. Black hole. No public API for channel writers. I think they just don't want to work with the little guys.

They are simultaneously awesome and super-annoying. I love what they've done and hope for something better. Multiple trigger conditions and the ability to roll your own triggers and events are huge needs.

Artsci, I had the same problem until i just downloaded the new version of the software and it works great again. The link for the download is buried somewhere on an earlier page of this thread (I know, not terribly useful information without the page number -- i think the new software version was .50 or something).

You're referring to Visible Tesla brooklynrab, not Remote S. Allen has the new version of Remote S under review by Apple now, but it's not released yet.

Does anyone else have a discrepancy on charging amps?

6d30a890668abae98809e0c76f4fb969.jpg

d695ae9da0028794860fb4b9868a5045.jpg

As noted somewhere in this thread, Allen is working to fix this issue. I assume the app being reviewed by Apple right now has that fix. His ability to update has been hindered by a patent troll lawsuit and some major surgery.

It's been fixed in the new update. In the meantime, if Miamibeacher turns off the more precise numbers, he can see the charging amps as the number on the right of the battery amps.

Here's a sneak peek of version 3.0 while we wait for Apple to approve the update: I added a battery usage display in the app in kW to show you how much "vampire drain" your car is doing. It also helps when you want to figure out how much energy you're using when you turn on Climate Control or just sit in your car listening to music. I also added a timestamp for the data you see, in case you're looking at cached data and don't realize it. Valet Mode, HomeLink, and Summon functionalities have been added to both iOS and Apple Watch devices. I actually didn't have my Apple Watch with me when I coded this update, so I technically never used the Summon feature on my watch yet (I don't have my Tesla with me any longer). So the honors of being the first person to summon a car from a watch is still up for grabs.

iOS Simulator Screen Shot Jan 31, 2016, 8.19.35 AM.png

It's a side-effect of API changes related to windshield heater status.
Correct. And it's been corrected in the new update as well. I tried to make sense of why the change, and there's seems to be no logic to it. Basically, the API used to return 0 or no value for the front defrosters status when it was off. And then it returned 1 when it was on. So it was a simple yes or no. But for some reason, now it returns a 3 when it's off as well. So it's either 0, null, or 3 when it's off. And it seems to be random. The 3 was throwing off the app into thinking that the defroster was on.

Just got the iOS update. However either it's really unobvious how to get the advanced settings menu, or my advanced settings menu doesn't have the things described, i.e. gas price, vampire drain settings.

It's the app settings found by opening the Settings app on your device and scrolling down to Remote S. From the iOS app, you can press either the Gear icon and then the Gear icon again. Or press the car icon with the circle around it, and then press on Advanced Settings. Vampire drain is displayed by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.