Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove front camera housing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone - I'm a fairly new Model X owner, and searched quite a bit before posting here.

I'm going to install a radar detector in my X - moving it from my Model S to the X. I'm going to hardware it into the mirror / camera area just like I did with my S.

Unfortunately, I'm having a really hard time finding any info (site / video) on how to remove the cover on the windshield mounted electronics without causing any damage - any input would be appreciated.

Hey everyone - I'm a fairly new Model X owner, and searched quite a bit before posting here.

I'm going to install a radar detector in my X - moving it from my Model S to the X. I'm going to hardware it into the mirror / camera area just like I did with my S.

Unfortunately, I'm having a really hard time finding any info (site / video) on how to remove the cover on the windshield mounted electronics without causing any damage - any input would be appreciated.
Legacy or refresh X owner? If refresh - please share what you end up doing

There is tons of info. Just stop looking for X Refresh and look for S Refresh.

I just pulled my Mirror tap out of my Raven X and put it in my Refresh S.

I posted in this thread. There are Videos for removing the mirror (that was the easiest part) Which you have to do. You can’t tap the mirror any more. You have to tap the camera power. You can also tap the brake controller under the dash. I almost took that Route. Oh yeah it’s a little trickier in the X because of all the glass. But the mirror/camera should be the same as S.

12V Access: Model S 2021 Refresh