Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Zoe in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Shock-On-T

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
It's so sad ...
I noticed the Zoe is on the Renault Australia site with a price of $52,000. I thought it might be interesting to have a test drive, maybe not wait for my Model 3 reservation.

When I asked about the Zoe, the Renaults salesman said "I literally don't know what that is".

Sigh...

It's so sad ...
I noticed the Zoe is on the Renault Australia site with a price of $52,000. I thought it might be interesting to have a test drive, maybe not wait for my Model 3 reservation.

When I asked about the Zoe, the Renaults salesman said "I literally don't know what that is".

Sigh...
What the salesman really wanted to say was " I literally don't want this thing to exist"
Yes it is pricy for the size and features available but there's enough buyers for the small amount of stock available in Australia to make dealers of other brands nervous, bring on the model 3, the iPace, the Kona, Kia Nero, 60kw Leaf, VW Buzz, plus widespread online purchasing and only the forward thinking dealerships will survive.

I asked Renault after seeing the Zoe in the tin in Sydney. They told me it had a quiet launch last year but no Brisbane dealer had chosen to be accredited so it's not possible to buy them in this state. Sadly, it still has a service interval that seems like they're treating it as ICE and that would mean shipping one back to Sydney to the nearest service centre periodically. For an already expensive vehicle that managed to torpedo the idea completely.

After seeing Bjorn's first youtube review on the Kona EV I have emailed Hyundai to see if there's a waitlist for info on the launch for that. Hopefully they will have a dealer in the sunshine state with more interest than the local Renault clowns have taken. Kona already removes many of the compromises I'd need make to consider Zoe.

I've always thought our 2nd ICE replacement would be model Y, but Kona could be just the ticket without the wait.