Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A cool infographic that should help with your recycling ... What materials are the Tesla Model S

What materials are the Tesla Model S made out of? Check this informative infographic for some details | Electrek

What materials are the Tesla Model S.png

UPDATE

Short video of what the interior of the car looks like so far after the top dashpad has been removed. Premium audio tweeters look like they are of decent quality. Also interesting soundstage placement. There are 3 tweeters in the dash and 1 in each "A" pillar, I've only seen one or the other in other vehicles.

[video=vimeo;158333389]https://vimeo.com/158333389[/video]

Premium audio tweeters look like they are of decent quality. Also interesting soundstage placement. There are 3 tweeters in the dash and 1 in each "A" pillar, I've only seen one or the other in other vehicles.

The three speakers in the dash are actually midrange drivers. Only the A pillar speakers are tweeters. Also, all of those speakers are driven by the main amp. The premium amp drives the front door speakers, the liftgate speakers and the sub.

Short video of what the interior of the car looks like so far after the top dashpad has been removed. Premium audio tweeters look like they are of decent quality. Also interesting soundstage placement. There are 3 tweeters in the dash and 1 in each "A" pillar, I've only seen one or the other in other vehicles.

So, how hard are the A-pillar trims hard to remove?

And did you use your de-humidifier's bucket to empty water off your car? lol

The three speakers in the dash are actually midrange drivers. Only the A pillar speakers are tweeters. Also, all of those speakers are driven by the main amp. The premium amp drives the front door speakers, the liftgate speakers and the sub.

Didn't even realize there were speakers in the liftgate. Great for tailgate parties I suppose.

Also didn't know the dash speakers were midrange, smallest I've seen for oem speakers so far were 3 inches and up.

So, how hard are the A-pillar trims hard to remove?

And did you use your de-humidifier's bucket to empty water off your car? lol

Pillars arent bad at all. Just have to unscrew the hidden screw behind the srs label on the pillar and they pop right out. Unfortunately I destroyed the passenger side tweeter in the process. Wiring harness was too short.

I didnt use the bucket. I let the dehumidifier do the work and I just emptied the bucket.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link. I watched that one go to over 30k.

That is over my budget. I wanted to be under the 30k mark for both cars that I need...

Plus thats a D! I would just drop this project and start fixing that one!

UPDATE

As soon as I get my act together I have something sort of interesting for guys, I can easily tell that the Battery is one of the primary structural reinforcements of the car. Without the battery pack in the car the car is super flimsy, When I'm working in the car the floor is very soft and very flexible. I have a neat video of what the underside of the car looks like without the pack. However, it seems with this car anything labeled as "interesting" is usually bad.

I'm assuming this is due to the saltwater but the floor panels that were glued together are actually separating from each other. The photos are from underneath the car and the gaps are so large you can actually see the inside of the car. I'm not terribly worried about it, just a very "interesting" design

Last edited:
UPDATE

As soon as I get my act together I have something sort of interesting for guys, I can easily tell that the Battery is one of the primary structural reinforcements of the car. Without the battery pack in the car the car is super flimsy, When I'm working in the car the floor is very soft and very flexible. I have a neat video of what the underside of the car looks like without the pack. However, it seems with this car anything labeled as "interesting" is usually bad.

I'm assuming this is due to the saltwater but the floor panels that were glued together are actually separating from each other. The photos are from underneath the car and the gaps are so large you can actually see the inside of the car. I'm not terribly worried about it, just a very "interesting" design

I haven't written anything about this project, but I've been watching and reading with great interest. :)

I would imagine it can't be THAT flimsy since when at the battery swap station, people are still seated in the car adding weight to the floor when the battery is removed and replaced. Or maybe the seats are anchored directly to the main chassis somehow? Do the floor panels look like they have corroded somewhat, or are they just not glued together anymore?