Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome thread! I would love to build a Tesla powered buggy!
Have you seen this? Nikola Motor Company | Premium Electric Vehicles

Nice ... another must have!

nikola_zero_1-77b393b42825cc613fe20186a21a41dce9199fac6420df213b094e438b15ce42.jpg

The other day, I happened to catch a glimpse of my car through the door to the garage, straight on from the side. Only the rear end was visible, and the hatch was open. And in the dark, I could not really see the raised hatch, just the body of the car... A light went on in my head:
TESLAMINO!
Do it. :)

UPDATE

Sorry I havent posted in a while. Been so darn busy. Checkout what a typical Monday is like in the world of Harold...

My schedule.

Monday

515AM gym

645AM water grass

7AM Prep kids drop to school

9 to 5PM work

630PM to 645PM water grass

7PM to 8PM Mixed martial arts

815PM to 915PM Game of thrones

930PM clean basement package and ship parts at fedex answer angry emails as to why people's parts havent shipped

11PM to 12AM troll online forums on phone in bed

UPDATE... welp. there went that camera...

Anyway. let me update you as to the status of the donor car. Seems like there wasn't a whole lot of interest in the cheeky gifs so I'll go back to photos again.

These are some random pics of the DU slowwwllllly dropping

Oc5HWpE.jpg

QW0SXT4.jpg

LOmKrge.jpg

J3yXXDH.jpg

Seriously dreading getting this thing back up into my car by myself... because rest assured my friends will dissappear when I need them most.

• Helpful
Reactions: thimel and MP3Mike
What would be neat is a pic of the drive unit with a bunch of dimensions, between mounting points for the subframe, rotor face to rotor face, dimensions of the the motor/inverter/gearbox, anything else that might be important when considering mounting in a non Tesla vehicle :cool:

Reactions: tomas
What would be neat is a pic of the drive unit with a bunch of dimensions, between mounting points for the subframe, rotor face to rotor face, dimensions of the the motor/inverter/gearbox, anything else that might be important when considering mounting in a non Tesla vehicle :cool:
Are you near a Tesla store? Most of them have an open frame with the drive unit installed. It's easy to measure it.