Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CBteRw2.jpg

So you like big girls.... (which I think is cool)

But sometimes you dress up as a female so they wont feel threatened by the mating process?

A true gentleman you are!

No I have a long tentacle which inserts a packet in her ear!

I love learning new things in this thread ...

upload_2016-5-5_21-19-19.png

Reactions: Btr_ftw
UPDATE

Hmmmmm. Where was I? Oh yeah. Killing it as usual. So my wife sees this wrapper on the ground and accuses me of being the messiest and most scatter brain person on the planet.... ORLY? Think thats bad? Take a look at what my side of the basement looks like... Spare parts city.
3FKZc2S.jpg

1EYh8Pf.jpg

this was taken from the "good" side

Yeah. Needless to say when she tripped over a tire trying to get to her car, I was forbidden to continue working on the car until I cleaned, organized and made less of a safety hazard for her and the kids... I also have a suspicion that she will withhold other things until I get my act together.

So yeah. I've been doing that. Here is an illustration of my basement, garage area.

H18Wikm.jpg

Not to mention I've looking at picking up another Tesla for some stupid reason. (not even close to finishing this one) why God why have you made these cars so appealing???

anyway

Interestingly enough after pulling the drive unit. There is a "sport" designation on the unit itself. Contrary popular belief (@wk057) Seems like Tesla thinks there is a difference between the s85 and p85 drive units

3ZARJPl.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: marco2228
Interestingly enough after pulling the drive unit. There is a "sport" designation on the unit itself. Contrary popular belief (@wk057) Seems like Tesla thinks there is a difference between the s85 and p85 drive units

The fact that there are two part numbers for the larger motor (S85 vs P85) is known, what @wk057 said is that once flashed the S85 drive unit act like a P85. There was no noticeable temperature difference and performance was of P85 type.

Source: Pack Swap on 70D to 90kWh HP? and Pack Swap on 70D to 90kWh HP?

What's up with the short tube headers? :cool:

UPDATE Hmmmmm. Where was I? Oh yeah. Killing it as usual.
1EYh8Pf.jpg

this was taken from the "good" side

Yeah. Needless to say when she tripped over a tire trying to get to her car, I was forbidden to continue working on the car until I cleaned, organized and made less of a safety hazard for her and the kids... I also have a suspicion that she will withhold other things until I get my act together.

So yeah. I've been doing that. Here is an illustration of my basement, garage area.Not to mention I've looking at picking up another Tesla for some stupid reason. (not even close to finishing this one) why God why have you made these cars so appealing??? anyway

Ever thought of making a Tesla go kart with those spare parts?

Went go karting with the kids this weekend, almost died of the fumes...

Yes. However the torque would be a b**ch if I were to use a tesla drivetrain. The MS weighs more than my pickup truck yet it pulls like a freight train, imagine lightening it by 2000 lbs.

I like where this is headed. If I can find a wrecked enough (ie. cheap enough) one I would consider doing it.

Actually I take that back, the pack weighs about 1200 lbs, the motor and rear subframe/rims about eh. 600 lbs or so, front end about 300lbs. after building a cage around the pack and throwing in some seats I'd still be under 3K LBS

Actually I take that back, the pack weighs about 1200 lbs, the motor and rear subframe/rims about eh. 600 lbs or so, front end about 300lbs. after building a cage around the pack and throwing in some seats I'd still be under 3K LBS

Definitely need the cage as I can see how someone could get seriously hurt with all that torque!

Thinking about it, maybe I shouldn't have asked... Don't hurt yourself! You actually might do it!:eek: