Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repetition learning is working? 17.26.76 has learned for me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the only Tesla for many miles and I drive one section of divided four lane road several times per day in both directions. This road has breaks in the divider which curve to the left (the opposing traffic side). AP2 on 17.17.4 would follow the curve on one of these breaks every single time - I always had to break autopilot's path to avoid ending up in oncoming lanes. Couldn't tell why it did it - but same spot every time.

17.26.76 has completely aced this same section. Yes I have the "short videos" uploading to Tesla. Maybe they helped? Maybe dozens of autopilot breaks in this area over a few weeks flagged the system somehow and this got pumped into the neural net training?

All I know is it wanted to crash there every single time. Then I turned on the video uploads - now 17.26.76 installed yesterday and it aced that spot on the very first try.

I have the only Tesla for many miles and I drive one section of divided four lane road several times per day in both directions. This road has breaks in the divider which curve to the left (the opposing traffic side). AP2 on 17.17.4 would follow the curve on one of these breaks every single time - I always had to break autopilot's path to avoid ending up in oncoming lanes. Couldn't tell why it did it - but same spot every time.

17.26.76 has completely aced this same section. Yes I have the "short videos" uploading to Tesla. Maybe they helped? Maybe dozens of autopilot breaks in this area over a few weeks flagged the system somehow and this got pumped into the neural net training?

All I know is it wanted to crash there every single time. Then I turned on the video uploads - now 17.26.76 installed yesterday and it aced that spot on the very first try.

Worth pointing out that there was also a major control/steering change. That could easily have caused the change of behavior on its own.

Same experience with prior releases on a section of I355 near Chicago... also breaks in the lane markers while curving left. Always had to take over at this section, otherwise would veer into the adjacent lane. But after this new release, stayed in the lane and tracked perfectly (even though the lane markers on the dash went away as usual on that section). Also noticed tracking being slightly more stable on curves.
However... the response to traffic ahead reducing speed seems to have been increased/made more dramatic as now the deceleration is not as gradual and I notice AP apply the brake more often with less initial reliance on regen. That's been my experience.

• Informative
Reactions: croman and GoTslaGo
Now on 17.34 - behavior is no better at that spot over 17.28 unfortunately. Works sometimes - other times not - like in mottled afternoon shadows today when the car dove for the curb again. Keep workin' on it Tesla - I know you can do it.