Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Key Fob Cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good grief, I don't think it takes more than a few minutes. I was in for some unrelated service visit last month, and asked about the wear on the top of the one fob (the plastic over the lock/unlock button falling off in a circular fashion to expose the underlying button) They had the new key programmed and ready to test out before I knew they were working on it!

My fob was all mangled - the strap slot was broken and there was some wear on the top. Without me asking at all, during 12 months service earlier this month the Seattle Service Center guys replaced the case and battery and gave me an extra battery for the other fob. I thought they said they swapped the electronics though I may have misheard that. Either way, no charge. They definitely go out of their way to give great service!

The top hat of my fob just fell off. I don't really mind the new look with the red circle -- but it's only 8 months old so perhaps still under warranty. I'll see what service says about it.

20141122_175843_resized.jpg

The top hat of my fob just fell off. I don't really mind the new look with the red circle -- but it's only 8 months old so perhaps still under warranty. I'll see what service says about it.

That's actually normal. They'll replace it, but a more permanent fix is to get one of the neoprene covers sold here. Looks better and lasts longer.