Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement of ac compressor + manifold +connections

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
at 6000 km (car delivery was on March 2021) Ac sopped working and i took it for service and after a day they fixed under waranty .
Replacement of ac compressor + manifold +connections was listed in invoce.
thanks Elon for the unique quality of your cars!!

Hello
at 6000 km (car delivery was on March 2021) Ac sopped working and i took it for service and after a day they fixed under waranty .

This is an example that although Electric Cars have fewer moving parts than ICE, they still have parts that can be broken such as HVAC. That's why it's good to have a warranty.

Hello

On the drive home from picking up my Edge, the AC compressor clutch dropped off somewhere on the highway. It was dealt with under warranty and took several days. 175,000 miles later, the AC is still running strong.

As Tam said, there are expected failures for any complex system. Just because these are electric, doesn't mean they are any less complex. That's what the warranty is for.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Loaner: Depends on the SC. Either loaner or Uber.

As for the OP's AC failure: If everyone here started listing early failures of varied components on ANY vehicle they've owned, this forum site would crash.

Be grateful that the parts were on hand and replacement taken care of in a day. Hope the replacements last a LONG time.