Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Tires for 19" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have these and they’re so harsh. The whole car vibrates
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder why the complete opposite quality of ride? Maybe one of the tires is defective?, or improperly balanced?
I did install Redwood Motorsports Ohlins, but prior to the ElectricDrive install. My MY with the RW Ohlins and ElectricDrive's installed has and incredible ride and is quiet. The road noise has been reduced to the point that the wind noise is louder than road noise.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder why the complete opposite quality of ride? Maybe one of the tires is defective?, or improperly balanced?
I did install Redwood Motorsports Ohlins, but prior to the ElectricDrive install. My MY with the RW Ohlins and ElectricDrive's installed has and incredible ride and is quiet. The road noise has been reduced to the point that the wind noise is louder than road noise.
What PSI do you have yours at?

Only tried BFG and Falken in 255/55/R19 and that is what did not fit. I went to a different Discount in town and had a nice conversation with a guy. Ended up ordering Goodyear Assurance Comfort Drive. Not the "aggresive" look I wanted, but a good tire with good treadwear and good warranty that I think has a good chance of fitting. OEM tire to knuckle is .75 and this should be .5 bigger so I think it has a good chance. I didn't want to go skinnier either as I want rubber on the road as well. I'm a bit aggresive when driving. I'll update next week when we find out. Didn't mean to cause an argument.
How’s the ride comfort and noise? What kind of range are you seeing?

Now I'm at 56k miles, and I can't recommend the continental tires. they were noisy and are already worn out. some of that is attributable to a bad knuckle in the rear suspension I just had fixed (took it to tesla thinking it was a bearing going bad...). but I don't think its even worth pursuing a 'treadwear warranty' claim. thinking that I need to go to a different tire shop - one that is will/able to do a full alignment. TownFair tire wouldn't touch a marginal front camber and that can't have helped the wear pattern.

gonna start wading through this thread (and others) for tire ideas...

Well, I gave up and ordered more continentals. Conti pro contact. Had to do something in order to pass state inspection. They get put on this next week. I’ll report back …..

Attachments

• 20231004_155606.jpg
    20231004_155606.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20231004_155554.jpg
    20231004_155554.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20231004_155544.jpg
    20231004_155544.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20231004_155530.jpg
    20231004_155530.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Helpful
Reactions: wuzle and GOVA
MYLRLINYC: "Ride is a *sugar* ton better tho."...with the new Goodyear Exhilirate, NOT the Goodyear EV tires, right?

How many miles were on your OEM ContiPros?

When I swapped my OEM ContiPros, with around 30k miles on them, for Michelin PilotSport A/S 4s, I thought the same. Quieter, smoother, and for sure, better grip all around (although never out in snow!)

Now at 17k miles on the Michelins, I'm not so sure. As the tread has worn, the rubber underneath is (probably) harder, and my perception is the ride has become noticeably more harsher and noisier, mostly road surface imperfections, tar strips, grooved pavement.

YMMV!

MYLRLINYC: "Ride is a *sugar* ton better tho."...with the new Goodyear Exhilirate, NOT the Goodyear EV tires, right?

How many miles were on your OEM ContiPros?

When I swapped my OEM ContiPros, with around 30k miles on them, for Michelin PilotSport A/S 4s, I thought the same. Quieter, smoother, and for sure, better grip all around (although never out in snow!)

Now at 17k miles on the Michelins, I'm not so sure. As the tread has worn, the rubber underneath is (probably) harder, and my perception is the ride has become noticeably more harsher and noisier, mostly road surface imperfections, tar strips, grooved pavement.

YMMV!
Yes never had the EV Goodyear's. My Goodyear shop advised against them when I asked. My contis were new. I don't like foam inside tires lol