Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Tires for 19" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLRLINYC: "...don't like foam..." HAHAHA! I never had a problem with OEM foam on the Contis.

Now I'm wondering if my Michelin PilotSports would benefit from some foam? Hmm...I'm almost tempted to have my local Discount Tire APPLY some foam inside the Michelins, as a test!

MYLRLINYC: "...don't like foam..." HAHAHA! I never had a problem with OEM foam on the Contis.

Now I'm wondering if my Michelin PilotSports would benefit from some foam? Hmm...I'm almost tempted to have my local Discount Tire APPLY some foam inside the Michelins, as a test!
Lol. Michelin pilots have always had a tremendous amount of road feedback IMO. I was never a Michelin fan . Adding foam may help idk..

I try to stay with goodyear because I know they use virgin USA rubber..I've had too much bad luck with out of round tires in the past due to cheap imported rubber.

Now I'm at 56k miles, and I can't recommend the continental tires. they were noisy and are already worn out. some of that is attributable to a bad knuckle in the rear suspension I just had fixed (took it to tesla thinking it was a bearing going bad...). but I don't think its even worth pursuing a 'treadwear warranty' claim. thinking that I need to go to a different tire shop - one that is will/able to do a full alignment. TownFair tire wouldn't touch a marginal front camber and that can't have helped the wear pattern.

gonna start wading through this thread (and others) for tire ideas...
I would be thrilled to get 56k miles on my continentals.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I was not a Michelin tire buyer until a few years ago when I started getting a lot more miles on my Michelin tires before replacement. I generally buy the 70k-80k tread warranty in the hopes I will get 40k-50k.
I won't disagree there. My few Michelin tires purchases in the past lasted many miles but the quality of ride deteriorated long before they were worn out . Plus the fire cracking sidewalls just drive my anxiety insane lol

• Funny
Reactions: tradosaurus
I only use Michelin tires
I'm the complete opposite and don't trust Michelin as much anymore.

I exclusively used Michelins for over 25 years on every vehicle we owned. They used to always exceed the tire tread warranty, but 5-7 years ago I noticed Michelins barely lasted half their stated treadlife. This is on the same car.

With the premium you pay on Michelins and it not lasting any longer than the competition, I started looking at other options. It is also annoying that some of their Grand Touring tires start with considerably less tread depth than previous models and the competition. Michelin still makes good tires but I'm no longer a die-hard fan of them.

@FatherTo1 How is your Conti's experience?
Still loving the tires!

At 8700 miles so far on the DWS06+ and averaging 269 Wh/m. This is actually slightly better than the previous Pirelli P7 AS+ 3 Grand Touring tire that was 273 Wh/m at equal 8700 miles.

Pirellis were put on in August 2022 and DWS06+ in August 2023, so both sets experienced very comparable seasons, weather, conditions, and commutes.

Reactions: charlesoris
Michelin PilotSport A/S 4s here, with 20k miles. They seem significantly stiffer with age, as every small road imperfection is transferred to the passenger cabin. If I roll over a dime, I can tell if it's heads or tails...very annoying.
Have you checked to see if your front compliance bushings are torn?
Tesla just replaced my lower control arms on the front and my harshness is all but gone.

• Helpful
Reactions: sleepydoc