Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • 3 @ 3.5 years
  • 10 @ 1077 points
  • 12 @ 12817
DRP (Dirk Rated Power): 25 = 3+10+12
actual power: 26

Tracks pretty close. Maybe there is rounding involved.
Yeah, I should have pointed that out. You get 1 point for every partial year. So you basically start with '1' for the year the moment you register.
Then on your anniversary, a year later, you get to 2.
So for you it would be 4 + 10 + 12 = 26 which is correct. And with the reputation I'll give you in a second you'll be really close to the 1100 points that get you the next light green bar :)

OK, based on countless hours of detective work, a lot of help from some of you, and application of pretty much all of the hard SCIENCE that I learned in my Masters program for math and computer science... here's what I believe to be the ultimate and correct table and formula. Some of this has been confirmed by generous contributors who got HUGE rewards in forms of positive reputation points from me. Other numbers are what I would consider very solid guesses. But to protect the privacy of those helping me figure this out I no longer mark which is which. I'm quite confident that I got it right now...

green bars shownReputation points
1 dark0 - 99
2 dark100 - 199
3 dark200 - 299
4 dark300 - 399
5 dark400 - 499
5 dark + 1 light 500 - 699
5 dark + 2 light700 - 899
5 dark + 3 light900 - 1099
5 dark + 4 light1100 - 1299
5 dark + 5 light1300 - 1499
5 dark + 6 light1500 -

This matches a pattern of +100 per bar up until "5+1", then +200 up to "5+6".

Once (if) bonnie gets her twelfth bar we can try and bribe her to tell us the next threshold... (good luck with that...)

Reputation power (number of points you can give) follows this formula:
Number of years on TMC (rounded up to the next integer) + Number of posts divided by 1000 (rounded down to the next integer) + Reputation points divided by 100 (rounded down to the next integer)
A certain minimum number of posts is required before a user gets a reputation power of 1 - I haven't figured out that threshold, yet.

So there, now you have it, mystery solved. Congratulations, praise and confirmation of the correctness of my deductions are of course welcome as are donations to help me explore the next threshold before bonnie gets there...

If you have data that contradicts my findings, please also post (or at least send me a PM in case you want to keep your super powers secret).

Dang, now I need to find something else to waste time with. Or I could go back to doing actual work.

:redface:

Aha!
Untitled.jpg

Dirk, thanks for ruining the mystery! Just got to 504 and earned first light greenie, and now that I know it is 194 more points to get another, I no longer have any motivation to be witty, helpful, or diplomatic.

So, from now on, I'll confine my posts to: 1) reporting stuff that is either irrelevant or has been reported at least 10 times before, 2) asking questions that have been answered at least 10 times and that I could find with a little bit of reading or a google search, 3) arguing with no facts to back up my position, and 4) despairing that "I haven't gotten the update yet!".

Dirk, thanks for ruining the mystery! Just got to 504 and earned first light greenie, and now that I know it is 194 more points to get another, I no longer have any motivation to be witty, helpful, or diplomatic.

So, from now on, I'll confine my posts to: 1) reporting stuff that is either irrelevant or has been reported at least 10 times before, 2) asking questions that have been answered at least 10 times and that I could find with a little bit of reading or a google search, 3) arguing with no facts to back up my position, and 4) despairing that "I haven't gotten the update yet!".
So you are saying you'll blend right in with the average contributor? I must be missing your point :)
And you are welcome!
Oh wait, one more thing... do you have a reputation power of 9?

- - - Updated - - -

Just... 37... more... points...
One more wiring question to which you can provide your insanely helpful comments and you should be set! :)

Oh, and I totally feel with you... it's only 35 for me... :crying:

One more wiring question to which you can provide your insanely helpful comments and you should be set! :)

It's funny you say that. I've found that historically, my answers to wiring questions gain very limited points because they're typically newer posters to the forum. My reputation points have typically come from the veterans, usually on the posts where I'm pleading someone not try to use two strands of dental floss soaked in salt water to connect a 50A EV to a power source, or the occasional goofy/joke post, or when I admonish someone for an inappropriate, sexist post.

Capture.PNG

It's funny you say that. I've found that historically, my answers to wiring questions gain very limited points because they're typically newer posters to the forum. My reputation points have typically come from the veterans, usually on the posts where I'm pleading someone not try to use two strands of dental floss soaked in salt water to connect a 50A EV to a power source, or the occasional goofy/joke post, or when I admonish someone for an inappropriate, sexist post.

View attachment 76792
See, that very top one... you got reputation for a wiring post...
:)