TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Request: 'Open all unread subscribed threads in new tabs' button

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by wk057, Mar 20, 2015.

1. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

How hard would it be to add a button on the subscribed threads page that opened all threads with new posts in new tabs to the first unread post? :biggrin:

I tend to just CTRL+Click down the line... a lazy solution would be nicer though :cool:

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Control (or middle mouse button) click works for me. It would be welcome when browsing from a tablet though, where right clicking requires a long press then an accurate tap on the "Open in new window" option.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I think someone wrote a browser plug-in specifically for TMC to do that at one point. This was back in the day when people were able to read the entire forum.

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yeah, that plug-in was really handy...back then. I would be terrified to try to use it now!

5. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

I'd try it, or mod it (it the source is available). Where is it? :D

6. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

I don't know where the original came from, here is my copy. I use it by clicking on "what's new", which brings up a page full of threads. Then in a bookmark I have the following code saved, so I click on the bookmark. It will traverse all the threads on the page opening each one in a new tab and jumping to the first unread post in that thread. Works for me in Chrome on Mac. I don't recall if I had to modify the original or not.

Code:
    javascript:(function(){ var aElems=document.getElementsByTagName('a'); if (document.createEvent) { for(var i=0;i<aElems.length;++i){ if(aElems[i].href.indexOf('?goto=newpost')>0){ var oEvent = null; oEvent = document.createEvent('MouseEvents'); oEvent.initMouseEvent('click', true, true, document.defaultView, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, false, false, false, true, 0, aElems[i]); aElems[i].dispatchEvent(oEvent); } } } } )();