Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resolution? Defective Paint, Trim & Glass NEW Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@JonMc
Can you have someone check into this?

So I finally received a call from the service manager after I cc’d my attorney on an email asking for help. Lee the service manager said he was sorry and that he was calling with his tail between his legs. He further stated that it was his fault and he was suppose to call me weeks ago telling me Tesla was going to buy the car back and to give him a few weeks.

I was relieved and explained to him my friend ‘because of me’ also purchased a Mode X that was just delivered and it was pretty close to perfect.

I asked him about a replacement as I need a vehicle and he said he couldn’t help me with that. To confirm what he was saying was correct I wrote my sales advisor and Tesla support an email asking for confirmation and the next step for buying a new Modelx.

It’s been several days and no response or confirmation. Very frustrating.

Further inspection of the car revealed. Missing bolts and screws and it appeared the frame is tweaked according to an experience auto body repair shop. Once it was pointed out to me I noticed what he was talking about. The vehicle was definitely severely damaged prior to my receipt.

So I finally received a call from the service manager after I cc’d my attorney on an email asking for help. Lee the service manager said he was sorry and that he was calling with his tail between his legs. He further stated that it was his fault and he was suppose to call me weeks ago telling me Tesla was going to buy the car back and to give him a few weeks.

I was relieved and explained to him my friend ‘because of me’ also purchased a Mode X that was just delivered and it was pretty close to perfect.

I asked him about a replacement as I need a vehicle and he said he couldn’t help me with that. To confirm what he was saying was correct I wrote my sales advisor and Tesla support an email asking for confirmation and the next step for buying a new Modelx.

It’s been several days and no response or confirmation. Very frustrating.

Further inspection of the car revealed. Missing bolts and screws and it appeared the frame is tweaked according to an experience auto body repair shop. Once it was pointed out to me I noticed what he was talking about. The vehicle was definitely severely damaged prior to my receipt.

Thank you for the status update. Sorry to hear it is taking so long, but glad it looks like it will get resolved.

@JonMc , it sounds like things are moving, but possibly stalled again. Thank you for your work behind the scenes.

Reactions: SanDiegoReef