Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Beyond Frustrated How do I contact a Regional Manager

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like you got caught in the push to ship as many cars as they could before the end of the quarter. The MX wasn't ready for that.
It seems like it's a basic manufacturing design issue not an assembly issue. Like sunshades that may only be used once a year vs 20 times a day. I noticed the plastic trim under the seat is broken. It's made from 1/16" stiff plastic. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see shoes will snag and knock trim off. Why not make it from hard rubber?
Notice the area in photo's where door seals meet and creates a crease. There is no way they will work. See the indentation where the bulky rubber hits the seal. Just some examples of no mater how you install these items they are set to fail. When I look at the rubber trim around all the door and trunk glass it all appears woefully inadequate. It is not able to seat and do its job. Again it's fine to put on a jewelry box lid but not car doors going 155mph.

Attachments

• IMG_7346.JPG
    IMG_7346.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7347.JPG
    IMG_7347.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7349.JPG
    IMG_7349.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7350.JPG
    IMG_7350.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
There are owners reporting their Xs are in perfect condition. How did that happen? It confuses me that some people are having problematic cars while others are having perfect condition. The only way to find out is to compare them side by side, look for in details. Some owners might be too excited that they over looked the problem, but problems like door not opening and closing, braking not working, AC not working will hinder driver from normal operation of the car. So... still don't know how Tesla manage to mess up part of the production while keeping the other group "flawless".

Seriously? The answer is: "Sure, at the right price." I bet if they refunded you $40K, plus gave a lifetime full warranty you would be happy. Just come up with something that would make you happy.
Elon takes no prisoners when addressing his competition and has set high expectations for his customers. I believe we will all be made happy in the end.

There are owners reporting their Xs are in perfect condition. How did that happen? It confuses me that some people are having problematic cars while others are having perfect condition. The only way to find out is to compare them side by side, look for in details. Some owners might be too excited that they over looked the problem, but problems like door not opening and closing, braking not working, AC not working will hinder driver from normal operation of the car. So... still don't know how Tesla manage to mess up part of the production while keeping the other group "flawless".
Most don't know what to look for and have not encountered a situation for the car to fail. From a distance car looks awesome. I did not approach delivery thinking I would have to worry about getting stuck with a lemon. I don't expect anyone buying a car in this price range to be paranoid of getting ripped off. They need to know, if the customer is not happy, they should not be happy. Fix car, provide new car, or refund the customer. How hard is that?

I think I will have to be pretty firm tomorrow but in the end I think you are right.
I'm 100% with you on this one, C. Think of it this way, if you can.
You have the opportunity to make the max $/hour of your lifetime, possibly, in those 30 minutes.
Set your mind on that $ 40K cash refund or something of similar value. (A free Model 3 in due time would be my choice.)
For starters, that mindset moves your discussion higher up the food chain, easily surpassing that invisible regional manager. Don't take no from a person that is not authorised to say yes.
In the end you settle for something like a top spec Model X in nine months time, no money exchanged, letting them scrap the current one or use it as a research object.
May the force be with you...

@Coolcarx When my X was delivered my track covers were missing they finally got them in and installed the wrong ones and those broke and got stuck in the tracks.
Hi CaliX, I hate to say this but you may want to delay your meeting until you have documentation. It's not something you should be expected to do but should save major time in the future. Take great pictures of every defect you have and email them to SC. Document when you picked up car and first found issues. Document who told you what and when. This allows you to create a track record that can be forwarded up the chain. So someone doesn't say "He never told/asked me this or that". You know what I mean. It doesn't hurt to express how much you love Tesla electric cars and waited forever to get your hands on the perfect one. You know, add a little sugar to the conversation.

Last edited:
Hi CaliX, I hate to say this but you may want to delay your meeting until you have documentation. It's not something you should be expected to do but should save major time in the future. Take great pictures of every defect you have and email them to SC. Document when you picked up car and first found issues. Document who told you what and when. This allows you to create a track record that can be forwarded up the chain. So someone doesn't say "He never told/asked me this or that". You know what I mean. It doesn't hurt to express how much you love Tesla electric cars and waited forever to get your hands on the perfect one. You know, add a little sugar to the conversation.

I already have pictures, documents and notes I have made along the way. Plus copies of all my texts. My texts are important because the keep shorting the days on my docs from the SC and my texts show when my X was actually finished.

Reactions: Coolcarx
Well, this all sounds terrible. But as you know the general experience here is that Tesla will make sure you're happy in the end. If you give them a chance to suggest a way they can make you happy and they can't come up with anything, that's the time to suggest remedies. But it's best to have a specific remedy in mind that is doable, not outlandish, and really will make you happy.

It is also possible that many owners have a lot of Tesla shares, so they try their best to hide issues from public eyes. There was a Facebook group to discuss Model X issues secretly. If Tesla could produce flawless cars that would remain flawless, then how come Fortune magazine's test car had weather stripping falling off? This is the kind of advertisement Tesla relies on. I'm 100% sure, Tesla tested the car thoroughly before handing it over to Sue Calloway.