Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

{Resolved-Yes!} Can Front and Falcon Wing Doors (FWD) be open simultaneously?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting thread. No Tesla delivery person ever told me not to open/close at the same time and in fact one of the IEA engineers laughed when I asked this at the factory. I think his quote was something like..... "yea sure and some people think the moon landing was faked." :D

I've opened all doors and closed them at the same time manually and by using the on screen controls and using the FOB. I sure have never seen this problem.

My Model x doors collided today! I got our child out the passenger back door and after pressing close swung the front passenger door close. They collided resulting in a small chip of the paint on the front door. It was just a millimeter. Not enough to stop either door but enough to result in chipped paint.
It must have been the second time this happened as there are two chips about 1 cm apart. The car is still under warranty. I had problems with the passenger fw door scratching the car and had this corrected. But possibly the adjusted the door too far forward. Well need to stop by there again. Luckily service center is just 15 km from home.