Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retractable Door Handles - Is It Practical?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All four of mine were replaced with the Gen 2 handles. No more random doors popping open, but still not perfect. The left rear door will sometimes not open when I pull the handle, it will snap back in to the door, then slowly re-extend and work the second time. The front passenger handle seems to have a much longer "delay" before the solenoid opens the door. Sort of have to pull, then wait a beat before the door opens. But it does work every time.

"I would prefer it if the doors unlocked in the normal way with a press of the remote control. In fact the remote control needs to be pressed once for the driver's door handle to present, and then a second time to get the other three door handles to present. I don't like the fact that all four door handles present in the first movement".

Is it possible to change the way the door handles present themselves? I too, do not like all -4- doors unlocking at once. Considering, in some parking garages, anybody could be on the opposite side of the car,,,