Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrieving Deleted Sentry Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SOS!

I had two cameras taken from a 5 star resort valet a few days ago. I pulled my USB drive only to find out that an entire days worth of videos is missing! Is there ANY way to retrieve the videos from my USB?

(Yes, I learned a lesson. Yes, I filed a police report. Yes, the resort is looking at their surveillance videos).

I am willing to pay someone to help me.

Thank you!!

Below is a website listing the top free/paid data recovery tools. I used Recuva (3rd free option) in the past and it was effective at recovering some documents. Hope it helps.

Makes sure you don’t plug that particular USB drive back in the car. Data is harder to recover if the memory location is overwritten. When “deleted” the data is often still present but the address of the data is gone. Imagine someone removing your address number from your house — your house is still physically there but the delivery driver won’t be able to find it anymore (well, maybe just more challenging for the delivery driver but you get the analogy).

Best data recovery software of 2021: paid and free file recovery solutions

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot