Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retroactive Referral Discount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bswn1

Feb 13, 2016
CA
Figuring the answer is OBVIOUSLY a "no" but figured I'd ask if anyone has experience with a retroactive referral credit? I missed the cut-off by 3 days this time for the new referral program of $1,200 and wondering if it is even worth asking my OA and DS about a retroactive credit.

I know the language is very specific that retroactive credits are not possible but curious if anyone was able to 'negotiate' this in the past?

Received a referral from a friend the other day but had ordered my MS on 2/5/16. I emailed my DS on Friday and he got back to me yesterday (Saturday, 2/20) and said once the car is ordered, the referral credit can't be applied. He apologized and wrote "I had to do a little digging to make sure I was up to date on the program. From what I am reading the credit cannot be applied to your order. The purpose of the referral program is to encourage new owners. Since you had already placed your order before the program started I am being barred from applying the code to your account."

Sandy

That's a bummer. I understand during the last program you could add the referral credit until you picked up your car. Doesn't seem fair if person X helped you to want/buy a Tesla, but you pulled the trigger before the program started, that the person that helped you should get the referal and you should get the credit. If you happen to be in the 7 day cancellation window just cancel your car and reorder!

That's a bummer. I understand during the last program you could add the referral credit until you picked up your car. Doesn't seem fair if person X helped you to want/buy a Tesla, but you pulled the trigger before the program started, that the person that helped you should get the referal and you should get the credit. If you happen to be in the 7 day cancellation window just cancel your car and reorder!

Would have done that - but was like 4 days past the cancellation window. I guess that's part of the game - there is never a "right" moment to order a Tesla - always something happening right after one orders :biggrin:

Under the prior programs, the cancellation window closing or order confirmation was the cutoff. I had several folks that put down their deposit and then found out about the referral program. A call to their DS got the referral credit code manually entered.