Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit for Steam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like steam (I have 8 GB RAM), but it's a "nice to have" feature. I'm a little surprised at all the hate over a minor feature that was never promised. No other car manufacturer offers it or hundreds of other features that we get in our Teslas. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and some hate Tesla and will never buy again, while others wonder what the fuss is about over the most feature-loaded car made.
Well… Tesla did show it during the unveil and mentioned it. So it should have been included.

PS5 level graphics guys. Witcher 3. Cyberpunk. This is complete bullshit. Period. I don’t care how much cool aid we’ve all drank. It’s BULLSHIT. you don’t bait and switch your sales and clearly more and more of us are tired of being treated like *sugar* by tesla

Reactions: Wolfsbane
PS5 level graphics guys. Witcher 3. Cyberpunk. This is complete bullshit. Period. I don’t care how much cool aid we’ve all drank. It’s BULLSHIT. you don’t bait and switch your sales and clearly more and more of us are tired of being treated like *sugar* by tesla
Even WITH Steam integration it's nowhere near the level of PS5 graphics. Well, actually, maybe they can get away on the technicality of it is actually PS5 graphics*

*(but it runs like complete dogs*t compared to an actual PS5).

Reactions: Evee
Even WITH Steam integration it's nowhere near the level of PS5 graphics. Well, actually, maybe they can get away on the technicality of it is actually PS5 graphics*

*(but it runs like complete dogs*t compared to an actual PS5).
I don't have a PS5, so can't compare. But if I did, I would not be able to play games on it without family noticing. I can do so in the car under the cover of I'm installing software update.

Has anyone here has gotten a successful retrofit (paid or otherwise)?
Just trying to find out if anybody has gotten steam to work. Or are there differences between a retrofit and a factory, steam ready set up that would make a difference.
I am scheduled to get the retrofit 7/17/23
Great to know about any pitfalls…

Has anyone here has gotten a successful retrofit (paid or otherwise)?
Just trying to find out if anybody has gotten steam to work. Or are there differences between a retrofit and a factory, steam ready set up that would make a difference.
I am scheduled to get the retrofit 7/17/23
Great to know about any pitfalls…
Yes people have. No it’s not worth the money (get a gaming laptop and enjoy that at home or in the car with proper support, fast load times, and good performance).

I got my default judgment in small claims. I sent it to Tesla to pay up. At this point I don't care to get it installed, but by principal it was BS that it wasn't included.

Do you expect any retaliation from Tesla after suing them? They have so much control over our cars and service, it makes me leery to sue them for small claims. I would like to sue them over my incredibly wavy windshield. They have fired customers before, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Do you expect any retaliation from Tesla after suing them? They have so much control over our cars and service, it makes me leery to sue them for small claims. I would like to sue them over my incredibly wavy windshield. They have fired customers before, so I wouldn't put it past them.
seems petty over 2k$. What could they possibly do to set their service experience any lower than it already is?

They could get the idea that punishing those that sue them in small claims court would deter others from doing the same. Think how many people could sue them and easily win.
While I did win by default judgement, I was fully prepared to argue my case with evidence. I welcome them to vacate the judgment.. I'm bummed all my work printing, highlighting and sorting documents into manilla folders was for nothing. I'm sure there are people out there who attempt to scam Tesla with frivolous lawsuits, and yeah I'm sure they have a paper trail that will help them decide what to do legally for those abusers

While I did win by default judgement, I was fully prepared to argue my case with evidence. I welcome them to vacate the judgment.. I'm bummed all my work printing, highlighting and sorting documents into manilla folders was for nothing. I'm sure there are people out there who attempt to scam Tesla with frivolous lawsuits, and yeah I'm sure they have a paper trail that will help them decide what to do legally for those abusers

I am not saying people are abusing Tesla in small claims court. I think there are ton of owners that have a valid reason to sue Tesla, and I would like to believe that them getting sued would force them to improve their products and service, but from what I have seen of their behavior, they seem more likely solve the issue by punishing people that legitimately sue them.

Yea.. it principal or not - the Steam integration is not very good! It’s not any better than a Steamdeck, and any multiplayer games with cheat protection won’t run on the Linux API (Tesla or Steamdeck). So what’s the point? Play GTA V or Cyberpunk in your car that much? Not worth it.

And then you have people clamoring to play Steam on the tiny rear screen for some ridiculous reason.

Any built all entertainment on the front and rear screen is substandard to what you can do with a tablet connected to the internet.

Just the fact that you can’t have rear seat passengers using their own bluetooth headset for audio should be reason enough to go with tablets that can be mounted to the seat backs, or even mounted in front of the main screen when doing things like charging.