Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit to matrix (global) headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Daytonaviolet when you removed the bumper did you do a full removal including all electrical/sensor connections? Or did you just remove the portion you needed to expose the headlight bolts? If you have a YouTube video you used that would be great. This is for MX.
Hmm .. I removed the qyt8 10mm bolts by the front grille. The two visible bolts on the headlights. Lastly I removed the MX fender flares, fender splash guards and the T10 torx. Some cars may have a 8mm instead. Basically i followed the service manual but I didn’t remove the bottom 10mm bolts. I didn’t feel like the entire bumper needed to come off.

For safety, I did remove the LV battery connector as well as the first responder.

Reactions: Boxer513
I also purchased the MXP matrix lights from Zapaska and they looked new (2024.1 production date). The set @Daytonaviolet received had plastic protective film on the lens which I didn't have but maybe it was because I picked it up directly.
mine had tons of bubble wrap. I was tempted to use a utility knife but I didn’t want to take a chance cutting the lenses.

IMG_5085.jpeg

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
I attempted to loosen the headlights thinking it might help but still not able to fully clip on the passenger side. Driver's side looks perfect so at least it shouldn't be hard to convince the shop that it's possible. It's just a bit of a drive for something that may only take a few minutes to fix.

It doesn't disappoint for sure and I'm also excited hear that adaptive high beam may be enabled for US soon. I do feel the MY Matrix Headlights are a tad brighter and it seems that the adpative feature (AFS) is no longer available. The matrix lights do swivel so hopefully they can activate AFS in future software update.
After adjusting in sunlight I was finally able to get both sides to clip. I think what happened was that the bumper clips were slightly bent from the initial install but once I bent it back it was able to latch onto the headlight clips.

FWIW I got my headlights today. Looks like they were made 1/26/24. Also in a ton of bubble wrap. I lightly cut until I found the back and then gradually got the wrap off. No cuts/damage new lights. I also ordered from Zapaska

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg
    586 KB · Views: 13
@Boxer513

Basically you’ll be allowing the developer to vpn into your computer via Anydesk. You then connect your computer to your Tesla via Ethernet port.

When you’re ready, I can DM you the developer’s contact.
Please DM me info too. I need taillight config changed to global on my model 3. Having amber turn signal and brake light turn on same time. Confusing for US peeps. Thank you!!

headlights came in today from Zapaska. Everything look ok until I saw one of the headlights with something stuck between the lens and housing!

I have no idea what it is, and when I careful move the headlight side to side sounds like items are "floating inside"

I can't verify operation until next week, as I am leaving on a trip tomorrow :( . Zapaska asked me what I thought and I had no idea what that is. Maybe I should ask him to send another headlight just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 11
Yeah needs to be gigabit mode. And from what I'm reading in the documenation of other media converters, it also needs to be set to "legacy" mode instead of IEEE mode (presumably whatever chip Tesla was using was produced before the spec was finalized).

With gigabit mode, the status LEDs will be blinking green. You could switch between gigabit and 100mbit by holding any button for a ~3 seconds.

For legacy mode, the LED on Master / Slave / Auto will be blinking purple (instead of blue). To set legacy mode, hold the slave button as you power on the device.

The settings should be remembered, so you shouldn't have to set all that every time.

Also if you're able to get samples from TE, it might be worth grabbing some of their GEMNet connectors. They look like they're made to be compatible with H-MTD, though it isn't outright stated. Crimping one of those on to one end of the matenet wire would probably do the trick. Looks like they only recently launched so Mouser et al don't quite have stuff in stock yet.
I got the china cable and all seems good. I won't know for sure till I get my configuration guy to remote on to my computer. I tested plugging it all in, and here is what I got. Both Ethernet port lights orange and yellow lighting up and blinking. The two green slave lights on and purple light is still blinking like we last discussed. And the four green lights down the side of the box are blinking simultaneously. Sound like it's working correctly?

headlights came in today from Zapaska. Everything look ok until I saw one of the headlights with something stuck between the lens and housing!

I have no idea what it is, and when I careful move the headlight side to side sounds like items are "floating inside"

I can't verify operation until next week, as I am leaving on a trip tomorrow :( . Zapaska asked me what I thought and I had no idea what that is. Maybe I should ask him to send another headlight just in case.
Looks like a defect to me. Send the pics back to Zapaska. Ask them to send you another light after you get back on your trip. Was this issue only on one light ?

I got the china cable and all seems good. I won't know for sure till I get my configuration guy to remote on to my computer. I tested plugging it all in, and here is what I got. Both Ethernet port lights orange and yellow lighting up and blinking. The two green slave lights on and purple light is still blinking like we last discussed. And the four green lights down the side of the box are blinking simultaneously. Sound like it's working correctly?
Right when I plug mine into the the pc usb port .. lights start to flicker (this is before coder arrives)

Reactions: vogtaction