Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit to matrix (global) headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it appears the ability to change the headlamps has been added to the tbx-external role in toolbox. So in theory you could just buy the 1 day subscription or share a month or year subscription instead of paying a 3rd party. Changes other than the ones listed below would still require other means

Code:
"tbx-external":["coolantpumptype","ecallenabled","forwardradarhw","headlamps","packperformancedeviation","powerliftgatetype","steeringcolumnmotortype","supermanifoldtype","towpackage","tpmstype","twelvevbatterytype"]

So it appears the ability to change the headlamps has been added to the tbx-external role in toolbox. So in theory you could just buy the 1 day subscription or share a month or year subscription instead of paying a 3rd party. Changes other than the ones listed below would still require other means

Code:
"tbx-external":["coolantpumptype","ecallenabled","forwardradarhw","headlamps","packperformancedeviation","powerliftgatetype","steeringcolumnmotortype","supermanifoldtype","towpackage","tpmstype","twelvevbatterytype"]
Why didn’t they add taillamps and rear fogs 😩

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
Why didn’t they add taillamps and rear fogs 😩
If they ever stop making the non global tail lamps for the model 3/Y they might add that some day. Doubt they’ll ever add rear fogs though unless they open up everything for external toolbox

Edit - green’s recent twitter posts suggest that you can do a fair bit more with the service shell in toolbox. It’s been a while since I used toolbox, the shell might be more capable than last I checked.

Reactions: leecox and E90alex
IMG_0880.jpeg

Finally got this done!
Thanks a lot everyone who helped me to get all the information!

Code:
Today around 5pm Eastern time, I subscribed 1 day pass to see if I can change config by myself ,there was menu to change “Premium” to “Global” headlamp but the last step to reboot gateway to apply that, it says failed and says “unauthorized change”. I don’t know if I did it wrong way but I need to ask that coding guy for help.
IMG_0871.jpeg

Today around 5pm Eastern time, I subscribed 1 day pass to see if I can change config by myself ,there was menu to change “Premium” to “Global” headlamp but the last step to reboot gateway to apply that, it says failed and says “unauthorized change”. I don’t know if I did it wrong way but I need to ask that coding guy for help.View attachment 1035356
So if it failed ? How did you get matrix working ?

Reactions: honeyfist301
Today around 5pm Eastern time, I subscribed 1 day pass to see if I can change config by myself ,there was menu to change “Premium” to “Global” headlamp but the last step to reboot gateway to apply that, it says failed and says “unauthorized change”. I don’t know if I did it wrong way but I need to ask that coding guy for help.View attachment 1035356
That is really strange since it lets you pick the option.

I will need to grab myself a subscription and play with the shell commands green mentioned

• Love
Reactions: honeyfist301
When you had toolbox access did it let you put the car in Service Mode Plus? I’ve noticed it seems to need that to modify the Gateway Config. I’m wondering if that mode automatically unlocks the Gateway. Curious if that was done too?

Im doing my install today. QQ for the group. When unplugging the LV you're doing this before unplugging the old lights right. Prolly a stupid question but it never hurts to ask. So Power down car, unplug lv, disconnect old headlights and plug up globals, plug back in LV and power on the car to test?

Im doing my install today. QQ for the group. When unplugging the LV you're doing this before unplugging the old lights right. Prolly a stupid question but it never hurts to ask. So Power down car, unplug lv, disconnect old headlights and plug up globals, plug back in LV and power on the car to test?
I didn't bother unplugging the low voltage.

New headlights won't work before programming anyway.