Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

reuse Tesla emblem after removal for ppf?

KenYoung1

Feb 29, 2020
IL
Can the Tesla emblem be reapplied after removal for ppf? The ppf installer said I should buy a new set of emblems from Tesla since they can't be reused after removal for ppf. Has anyone be able to reuse their emblems after removal? Or how do we order a new set of emblems from Tesla?

N1L CO2

Jul 10, 2020
OC, CA
You should order new ones. The adhesive backing on those emblems get mangled during removal and the 3M double-sided tape you buy sits too high and is difficult to trim to the shape of the emblem. Not to mention the difficulty in properly aligning the two piece when you go to affix them.

Rcmpnc

Jul 3, 2020
Durham NC
Got my Y back from tint and PPF a couple of days ago. They removed the front emblem for PPF, and reapplied without issue. Looks fine doesn’t move etc.

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
You should order new ones. The adhesive backing on those emblems get mangled during removal and the 3M double-sided tape you buy sits too high and is difficult to trim to the shape of the emblem. Not to mention the difficulty in properly aligning the two piece when you go to affix them.
My shop said the same. They order new ones after PPF it’s included in the work order.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Removed and replaced same emblems in both the model 3 and the model Y, all 4 emblems are on there like they were never pulled off after PPF. I guess it all depends on the shop.

Fred

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC