Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revenge of the Electric Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Movie was great fun although, as TEG said earlier, the ending felt a little abrupt and stunted - thankfully, things have progressed well for all the manufacturers involved since then and for Tesla in particular.

Musk must be trying to accommodate all 5 of his kids now (and 5 more in the future as the movie jokes) in the X :smile:

It is so fun I saw it twice. In the Q&A session, Chris Paine revealed (being asked directly) that he made a Model S reservation two weeks ago. He pointed out that he paid the same $5000 as everyone else. (He already owns a Leaf, a Volt, and a Roadster, so it isn't really that surprising, but I don't remember hearing it anywhere else yet).

It’s not dead yet! The electric car makes a comeback, again, maybe

With Revenge of the Electric Car, Paine has made a smart, action-packed, futuristic film. (You can watch a trailer here.) He knows his audience: We Americans love our autos -- you'll pry the car keys from our cold, dead hands. And as much as electric cars are a decent stopgap as we retool our transportation system to provide real, workable alternatives, this film has done its job: helping to convince us that electric power can be just as fun as the fuel-injected kind.

Larry

I finally got to see Revenge of the Electric Car. It was great, and I will see it again at my first opportunity. I didn't notice the ending being abrupt, as others have noted.

I love how it tells the story of four men, each different, but all pursuing a similar goal. I also love that an EV converter was included along with the high powered executives. I thiink that the converters played an important role, especially the really talented ones at AC Propulsion.

GSP

boneless.jpg

Gary Larson

"Revenge" just released on DVD (not sure when Blu-Ray will be out):
The email I got strongly encouraged me to buy via the distributor (New Video) so that more profit goes to the film makers. However, if you have Amazon prime not only is the movie $5 cheaper but you get 2nd day shipping free--so you save $10.

Revenge of the Electric Car - Docurama - New Video Group

"Revenge" just released on DVD (not sure when Blu-Ray will be out):
The email I got strongly encouraged me to buy via the distributor (New Video) so that more profit goes to the film makers. However, if you have Amazon prime not only is the movie $5 cheaper but you get 2nd day shipping free--so you save $10.

Revenge of the Electric Car - Docurama - New Video Group

Yeah, I ordered it off of Amazon Prime. I thought buying it would be better for New Video than renting it.