Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revised tail lights on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this on the internet (so it must be true) but did Tesla revised the tail lights on the MY?

"Tesla has made its first change to the Model Y this week. The new tail lights illuminate just the outer “C” when braking, the horizontal turn signal in the center of the units is now an amber color rather than red, and the glass is now a brighter red shade when turned off compared to the dark red in the past. This is not new software related (I know about the latest flashing taillights in euro markets), its new hardware."

My car is in the shop else I'd take a look at mine.

Cheers

So does anyone know what lights up for running lights on or when braking?
Is it just increased brightness on the outside "C" for running lights -> brakelights now?

Can't wait to start bugging my local SC about retrofitting this on my M3

Honestly, I can't tell the difference. The video of the two Ys side by side has shows the passenger side light on one car and the drivers side in the other. They are facing different directions and lighting is different on them so the red part doesn't seem any brighter to me. They also don't show the turn signal on the old light so I guess others can confirm it used to flash red.

Hmm.. do I have the new taillight then?

Attachments

• 20200825_222610.jpg
    20200825_222610.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 223