Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REW (Room EQ Wizard) on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I used a MiniDSP UMIK-1 USB MIC. I paired my MacBook Pro to Model 3 via Bluetooth.
Model 3 is on 46.2

Then Ran REW and did several measurements.

You can download the REW Project file here is you want it. REW Software is Free.

Dropbox - Tesla Model 3 Mini DSP.mdat

Passenger vs Passenger -8dB Bass (On Radio EQ)
45369595135_f13ab0a583_b_d.jpg

Passenger vs Silence (someone asked for it in another thread) this was in my garage and it was charging.
45369595155_d974e4d8b4_b_d.jpg

Left Ear, Right Ear and Passenger Overlaid
45369595365_41cfee03a7_b_d.jpg

This is Passenger vs Passenger with Balance Pushed to Rear (you can kind of tell where the sub operates with this).
32410870608_141cabbb03_b_d.jpg

I'm not sure how to read these things, but it looks to me like the stock sub starts rolling off above 100hz?

It’s not easy to tell. But I suspect it’s more like around 50-60hz it starts rolling off. You can see a large change in slope when I did the balance full rear between 50-60hz. Meaning a lot of frequencies contributed by the door woofers is now absent (in balance full rear spectrum). But below that it didn’t change much (because that is all sub woofer).

Quick question. Can I run REW off of my laptop instead of mini dsp? I'd just need to tune with the other hardware like a 360.3 right?

You can. But I don’t know how good the Mic is in your laptop. If it’s a standard laptop like some Mac Books you might find a calibration file for it.

If your gonna invest in processing I’d buy a proper Mic. The mini dsp is $90 on Amazon.

Or install a processor that does its own self calibration with a supplied MIC.