Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD Countries 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When will international deliveries begin?
Every country has its own set of rules and regulations, which means that we effectively must build a different car for different markets. This means international Model 3 deliveries will begin in late 2018, contingent upon regulatory approvals, staring with left-hand drive markets, followed by right-hand drive markets in 2019. We wish we could do all this faster and get you your Model 3 right away. No action is required from international reservation holders now. We will contact you closer to the start of production for your country.

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

On the plus side, at least we won't have to wait any longer for AWD
RcrQyxU.png

Reactions: Jayc and Chuq
I'm in Scotland and reserved on April 1st last year. It looks like it'll be mid to late 2019 for my delivery. Ouch.

I've got a diesel BMW that I really want rid of to be free of ICE cars. I'm now worried that the UK EV grant will no longer be available by 2019 and that my diesel BMW will be worth a lot less due to new emission legislation and taxes coming in. Pretty gutted.

I might just sell my BMW now, go for a petrol car that won't drop too much in value and hope that the car grant will still be available in 2019. I might need to wait and pick up a second hand one in the 2020's instead now.

I'm in Scotland and reserved on April 1st last year. It looks like it'll be mid to late 2019 for my delivery. Ouch.

I've got a diesel BMW that I really want rid of to be free of ICE cars. I'm now worried that the UK EV grant will no longer be available by 2019 and that my diesel BMW will be worth a lot less due to new emission legislation and taxes coming in. Pretty gutted.

I might just sell my BMW now, go for a petrol car that won't drop too much in value and hope that the car grant will still be available in 2019. I might need to wait and pick up a second hand one in the 2020's instead now.
I'm in the same boat. Ordered day one in UK and driving a diesel BMW. Not sure what I plan to do until 2019 now.

I stupidly waited till the 20th April last year as I wanted to wait to test drive a Model S to experience a tesla before I ordered. We have a Q5 affected by the dieselgate scandal and the Tesla was to replace this. I was hoping for 3rd quarter 2018 for our car. 2019 is a long time away. I've looked at a 2015 Model S 70D today but the insurance is ridiculously expensive (£2.5k).

I stupidly waited till the 20th April last year as I wanted to wait to test drive a Model S to experience a tesla before I ordered. We have a Q5 affected by the dieselgate scandal and the Tesla was to replace this. I was hoping for 3rd quarter 2018 for our car. 2019 is a long time away. I've looked at a 2015 Model S 70D today but the insurance is ridiculously expensive (£2.5k).
Yeah I briefly thought about an S instead but that insurance is crazy.

Just had a look at Model S insurance and mine came out way below £2.5k. More like £6-700 which isn't too bad. Main issue is price of 2016 Model S, even second hand you are looking around £60k which is out of my price range really.

My Tesla has updated to "early 2019" now which I suppose we can live with. What does everyone from the UK think - will the £4.5k plug in grant still be available by then or will it have been watered down or scrapped?

I want AWD, Premium and long range so it will probably tip it over £40k and mean I'm paying the luxury car tax which will be more than the Tax on a nearly 10 year old 2 litre TDI, if the EV grant is still up for grabs then that would offset it somewhat.