Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD model pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the car at the start of this thread is the one Elon is going to personally hand over? Its about 1000 cars earlier than the VIN on mine which will hopefully arrived in early June.

Last edited:
I wonder if the car at the start of this thread is the one Elon is going to personally hand over? Its about 1000 cars earlier than the VIN on mine which will hopefully arrived in early June.

Anyway to fit in with the thread - a RHD model S already in the UK

Wow! Is that a customer car? As in we have had our first deliveries in the UK?

love the MC red, didn't think anybody in the UK would be so bold. It looks amazing in the California sun.
I went for Pearl White which I think is great but secretly would love the red, but might be too much in the UK...
Didn't any RHD had made it to the UK, pls do tell the specifics!

They made a prototype RHD car a few months ago to test it out (apparently raised a few surprise looks in California as it was driven around).

personally that reassures me: there is probably quite a lot needs to be repositioned even when it's fly by wire if one flips the driver side.

by the way, I believe about 40% of the world drives on the left (ie RHD cars).... If it weren't for napoleon so too might the Americans :)

Sorry - had permission to take the photo but don't think I can say any more without asking first.

Great photo of it on your drive. Curious to know how that came about ?!?

I saw the same RHD car at the London service centre this afternoon. Really nice combination of colours, including the cream/black interior.

Apologies for bad quality - its a cropped screen grab from Dashcam ..

20140409firstUKbasedRHDmodelseen_zps31f7c5a7.jpg

Please ask permission to say more :)

- - - Updated - - -

Great photo of it on your drive. Curious to know how that came about ?!?

I saw the same RHD car at the London service centre this afternoon. Really nice combination of colours, including the cream/black interior.

Apologies for bad quality - its a cropped screen grab from Dashcam ..

Is that a custom number plate, hard to tell from the image but think it says TES LA

Yes the rear passenger doors not tailgate dont see why this is a problem as this cant be any different to a us spec ms

The only differences I can see should be dash, steering, front headlamps for the aim and rear lamps for any reflector / indicator issues just hope this is a one off, if not it will never wash in the uk, the press will kill it off before the paints dry

I noticed that too. You mean both rear door and front door, not the tailgate?
That's I think misalignment. They need to be fixed IMHO.

If that's the same car as I have seen, it's a fairly old RHD engineering car that has apparently been around for a while in the USA on test before coming here.

I was made to promise not to grumble about fit & finish issues before I was allowed to sit in it!

For anyone interested there's a (private) thread over on the tesla forums with close up photos of the same car (from a visit it made today to test someone's home charging point). To be honest it just looks like... a Model S! But parked on a British driveway off a British suburban street you do suddenly realise that it's quite a big car!

Thanks arg hope it is said car, it would make a lot of sense being so
Mgboyes not seen the pics but can imagine it is a big car dont think i will ever afford one but its nice to dream maybe a used one in 10 years or a few year old model E is what i will end up with