Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD VIN assignment and delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email from Tesla inviting me to upgrade to enhanced autopilot and full self driving - all for only $3,700 + $4,400 = AUD$8,100.
Needless to say I clicked yes straight away ;)

I received the same email, needless to say I said no.
I just can't see it working perfectly here in England. I've been driving my bmw electric i3 with its sensors and adaptive cruise with some clear observations.
Driving sensibly seems to be vanishing, drivers pullout last minute , cruise Instead of continuing to overtake. My adaptive cruise is constantly breaking and then slow to accelerate back to speed, eventually I take over to continue the momentum.
To pay £7000 premium to be chaffered, erratically, is not what I'm after.

@OzSimon. Will miss you today, sorry. Was hoping to catch my DS and the latest on our service centre but i am sure you will update us. Need to work to pay for this car!
I hear you especially now the price has increased again!
You missed a great day, was a bit disappointed with the creaks and groans the x made while driving but James assured me our will be silent. The acceleration was very powerful, not that you need it at all. Wind noise over 100 was also very loud on the demo car. I don't have my autopilot letter yet, do you?

don't have my autopilot letter yet, do you?
Me neither. But i wont buy those upgrades yet.
Not surprised at the road noise, those 2 cars were at the launch and the panel alignment is not good on them as they are early makes. I agree with James, this forum seems to indicate the cars now have much improved panel alignment which would lead to less noise.

There are some advantages of waiting more than 12 months after the rest of the LHD world to get our cars.