Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD VIN assignment and delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought this could do with its own thread.

I have had my VIN assigned on My Tesla website. I have been checking frequently and I'm pretty sure that it happened yesterday, 18th Sep.

VIN is 218xx. P100D, 6 seat, all other options. Blue, white interior, and dark ash.

Anyone else have a VIN?

Reactions: *KT* and hiroshiy
Nice! I haven't got mine yet. When did your order and when did you spec up your X?

I put a reservation down in Dec 2014. I got the invitation to configure 11th June at 00:00 and submitted my spec at 01:13 the same day.

I then upgraded to the P100D quite soon after the announcement, although I think it took a week or two for them to update. Hard to put a specific date on this, as there was no automated confirmation email, just something from my DS to say it had been done.

Aussie RHD. specd 10 june. Upgraded immediately to P100d identical almost to OP. No Vin yet but my opening blurb did apear to change this week with a link to the delivery process that wasnt there before.

Yes... I think I had the blurb change for me before I got the VIN. I wonder if this changed for everyone though? Is there anyone who doesn't have this new blurb?

Sounds promising, I still doubt we will see our X before Feb 2017. I ordered a 7 seater P90D

You never know... I think about 10 weeks from when production starts to driving away from the Tesla store. This is assuming same sorts of timing as LHD mainland Europe.

They are producing around 1000 a week, so if they focused on RHD they'd clear the back log in no time.

As another data point, although I don't think too much should be read into this, in the page source on the My Tesla for my X I can see:

<option value="2017-03-01|first-available">First Available</option><option value="2017-03-01">March, 2017</option>

(This is with respect to selecting a later delivery date, and March 2017 being the earliest possible.)

Recently there has been around a 10 day lag between VIN assignment and production started, so I'll keep an eye and update.

Actually - I have probably jumped the gun a bit here. A bit of HTML mangling let me display the web page in the browser with the hidden content visible, and the date is actually Dec, with Mar-Aug 2017 as options. This is hidden currently, so I wouldn't read a huge amount into it. Screen shot is below - top part shows Dec, the bottom part shows the drop down with the 6 months Mar-Aug 2017.

Tesla Delivery Dates.png

Thought this could do with its own thread.

I have had my VIN assigned on My Tesla website. I have been checking frequently and I'm pretty sure that it happened yesterday, 18th Sep.

VIN is 218xx. P100D, 6 seat, all other options. Blue, white interior, and dark ash.

Anyone else have a VIN?

Congrats.

Hope I get mine sometime soon.
I suppose they wont be shipping those RHD cars one by one or only one in a lot of LHD so there is hope more VINs are coming soon.

HTML is interesting. I got this. not sure how relevant it is. only the future will tell :)

</div><p class="section-description hidden">December</p><p class="section-description">You can choose to take delivery sooner by changing your delivery date.</p></div></fieldset>

edb49, where does it show your VIN?
Log into your Tesla portal. On the dashboard, if you see a long code starting "5YJ" you have a VIN. The last 6 digits are the sequence number (although as they've not made 100k yet the first of these is always a 0). The rest of the VIN has details about the drivetrain, body type, etc.

VIN Decoder | TeslaTap if you're interested in how the VIN is made up.

There's been a little bit of an update on the Tesla portal for me... again, I can only get to this stuff by mangling the HTML code. There used to be a list of months from March 2017 to Aug 2017, now it only shows "First Available" and March 2017. The December date hasn't changed.

As this is hidden, same disclaimer as last time, in that very little can be read into it.

tesla.png