Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Automobili Concept_One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New teaser from Rimac. Comments speculate a Pikes Peak attempt with Monster Tajima at the wheel.

Confirmed, Rimac and Monster Tajima going for a Pikes Peak record.

11227612_669614016478598_4611908606721476199_o.jpg

http://insideevs.com/rimac-monster-tajima-reveal-1100-hp-pikes-peak-racer/

I thought they were going to run a ConceptOne vehicle on the course. This is just the same custom eRunner that Monster has used since 2012, albeit with all new drive-train from Rimac. Should be interesting to see how much they remove from the old record if the weather is favorable.

Wow wow weeh wow:

“We measured 0-100 km/h in 2,2 seconds. 200 km/h comes in 5,4 seconds from a standstill. Cornering forces and stopping numbers are also impressive, but let’s not spoil the surprise. We are quite confident that Tajima Rimac E-Runner Concept_One will break previous year’s record.”

How on earth will they cool this beast?

Wow wow weeh wow:

“We measured 0-100 km/h in 2,2 seconds. 200 km/h comes in 5,4 seconds from a standstill. Cornering forces and stopping numbers are also impressive, but let’s not spoil the surprise. We are quite confident that Tajima Rimac E-Runner Concept_One will break previous year’s record.”

How on earth will they cool this beast?
They use permanent magnet motors, which I believe are easier to cool. And they have four motors to distribute the heat on, which helps.

The battery probably doesn't need cooling - long term durability probably isn't a high priority.

They use permanent magnet motors, which I believe are easier to cool. And they have four motors to distribute the heat on, which helps.

The battery probably doesn't need cooling - long term durability probably isn't a high priority.

Makes sense about the motors - probably easy to dissipate the heat from each one. But a battery putting out >1500kW is going to need some cooling, even without concern for longevity?

Makes sense about the motors - probably easy to dissipate the heat from each one. But a battery putting out >1500kW is going to need some cooling, even without concern for longevity?
1100 kW, you mean. And it probably won't be at peak power for very long. It will take around 8 minutes to get to the top, so we're talking max 427 kW average power, not taking into account regen, or the 57 kWh battery will be empty. Incuding regen, let's assume 500 kW average. The discharge efficiency is probably in the area of 95% efficient, so this means the battery will output 25 kW of heat. Over 8 minutes, that means the battery needs to soak up 3.35 kWh.

With a battery mass of probably 300 kg, assuming a 1.5 J/gK heat capacity and starting at 25C, the battery temp at the finish line will be 55 C. Which is acceptable.

Last edited:
While if you look at the motors, 125 kW average for each motor, and 90% efficiency means each motor will output 12.5 kW of heat. Over 8 minutes that's 1.65 kWh of heat.

If each motor is 50 kg of primarily copper, that's 0.4 J/gK, so starting at 25C means the motors will be at 322C at the finish line. Cooling is necessary...

0-62 in 2.8 does not look quite as impressive as it once did, now that the Tesla Model S is 0-60 in 2.8 (P90D with Ludicrous Mode).

Definitely not at $980,000. I watched the video about it a while back and I was really impressed that long ago they had super fast charging rates (sounded faster than Tesla), high battery capacity (91kwh), incredible performance, and quad motors. I'd love to see how they drive.

Seems as if they dropped the production volume significantly, I thought it was going to be around 80 something, not 8. The range is puzzling. Only 330 km in a car that low and sleek, and it has to be lighter than the S even with the heavier pack.

Seems as if they dropped the production volume significantly, I thought it was going to be around 80 something, not 8. The range is puzzling. Only 330 km in a car that low and sleek, and it has to be lighter than the S even with the heavier pack.

This video says it can go over 370 miles. It also says it can take <1hr to recharge, but it isn't clear how low the battery is or how high they charge to in that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly I found this video that shows a sign saying 240km range

Nice video of it actually driving on a track

Last edited by a moderator: