Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rims scratched on inside lip? Normal or service related?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car back from service (including subbed out body work) and while checking underneath it to look over some of the work they did, I noticed the inside lip on all 4 rims are scratched through the finish.

Is that just how they all are or is this something that happened during service?

SSzC989.jpg

Maybe they were slid across the floor while they were off. I wouldn't worry about it, with it being on the inside.

Yea, that's what I figured.

But they also damaged...
  • The front bumper and had to refinish it.
  • Every single piece of glass on the car and it all had to be replaced.
  • Both front door panels (waiting on parts)
  • The piano black center console and door controls (waiting on parts)
  • Other window trims while replacing the glass (waiting on parts)
  • All the paint has holograms after their detail (not going to let their detailer touch it again)
  • Probably other stuff I can't see.
Ugh.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your service? My car was also sent somewhere else to be "detailed" and came back with holograms on the hood, a scuffed up steering wheel and worse, these crystal-like specks all throughout the car (I posted about them here: Crystal-like spots under the surface of the paint). It's like they pick the worst (cheapest?) places to outsource their work to. I've done plenty of at-home detailing and you really have to try hard to hologram a car with all the tools that are available now. It's unbelievable.

I know, right... I have buffed plenty of cars as an educated consumer / weekend warrior and never had a problem with holograms... Let alone on a brand new car...

I am not in CA... my work was done in Indianapolis by the Castleton service center and Connan's Paint and Body Shop.

They did an absolutely perfect job prepping my car when I picked it up at delivery. No holograms, deep shine, perfect.

The problem was the fish eyes and dust nibs that they couldn't cut and polish out which led to body work which let to another detail job before they handed it back to me where it almost seems like the worker was purposely doing a terrible job, or over worked and just didn't care.

The exterior paint has holograms all over, especially the front clip where most of the rework occurred. Then the interior they either spilled something on or used the wrong chemicals to clean the piano black material and noticeably etched/dulled the finish. Also noticed shiny spots here and there on the seats where it was like they sprayed say... armor-all on the back headrest, wiped it, and left the rest of the seat alone, leaving oily places here and there.