Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Rage recorded by Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OrthoSurg

Jun 2, 2017
Montreal

The car driver didn’t accept that the bus driver accelerates before the green light. Usually there is a white light that lasts about 3 seconds before the green light to let the bus driver have priority over cars. However, for an unknown reason, the white bus priority light didn’t show up but the bus driver still accelerated early.

Then, the rest is just plain road rage.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: KenC and SlimJim
Wow, that is pretty bold on the part of that driver. I used to work for a transit authority and one of the things I did was oversee the on board video recording systems for our buses. If someone pulled that on one of our operators, we’d pull the video and hand it over to the police who would write a citation. We had a great working relationship with the police as we’d pull footage for them all the time for incidents that the bus would record by just being in the right place at the right time. I know there’s a few big city transit agencies that don’t have 100% video recording (perhaps Montreal is one) but that always boggled my mind. The video was extremely useful in many, many incidents, I don’t understand how an agency could afford to be without out it (saved us on many insurance claims).

Wow, that is pretty bold on the part of that driver. I used to work for a transit authority and one of the things I did was oversee the on board video recording systems for our buses. If someone pulled that on one of our operators, we’d pull the video and hand it over to the police who would write a citation. We had a great working relationship with the police as we’d pull footage for them all the time for incidents that the bus would record by just being in the right place at the right time. I know there’s a few big city transit agencies that don’t have 100% video recording (perhaps Montreal is one) but that always boggled my mind. The video was extremely useful in many, many incidents, I don’t understand how an agency could afford to be without out it (saved us on many insurance claims).
I sent the video to the STM if the driver wanted to file a citation against the driver. No response yet.

That's so incredibly stupid for a number of reasons.

Like another poster pointed out they record everything, and they'll hand the footage over to the police. The bus might as well be the police.

It's total ignorance of this pesky thing called physics. Generally speaking if someone has a lot more mass than you do then you leave them well enough alone.

Lastly you have to think about the bus riders. Even in cases where the bus driver does something wrong you can't mess with the passengers. Brake checking a bus is going to cause it to slam on the brakes, and this causes any passenger who might be standing to potentially fall.

That's so incredibly stupid for a number of reasons.

Like another poster pointed out they record everything, and they'll hand the footage over to the police. The bus might as well be the police.

It's total ignorance of this pesky thing called physics. Generally speaking if someone has a lot more mass than you do then you leave them well enough alone.

Lastly you have to think about the bus riders. Even in cases where the bus driver does something wrong you can't mess with the passengers. Brake checking a bus is going to cause it to slam on the brakes, and this causes any passenger who might be standing to potentially fall.
I’m not sure they have dashcam here in Montreal.
I’d have to research and confirm that info