Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #191 on Ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a Tesla on EBay right now -- auction 230328861102 .
The seller likely reads this forum since the picture he chose is one I've posted here.

%21BNvF50QBWk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl4NtwBJrHpq%21yug%7E%7E_12.JPG

Last edited:
An Ebay listing will get a lot more eyeballs than that charity auction though it's debatable whether enough of those eyes have big wallets.

Bidding psychology says there should be a zero dollar starting bid and to set the reserve at 150K.

Number 191 before delivery, Orange/black seller in Atlanta

From the Tuesday ad:
You are bidding on a brand new, never driven Tesla Roadster. If you want to know more about the car, visit www.teslamotors.com. The picture is another orange Tesla. I get mine this week. I ordered it 2 years ago!

Times have changed in the last two years though and now I want to sell it due to my business having sluggish sales in this economy. If you can afford this car, it's one sweet ride.

I'm not going to drive it at all so I can sell it in perfect condition. It's Orange with Black and Orange interior.

My number is 404.664.6302. Call me with any questions.

Sorry for the unprofessional looking listing. I don't normally sell things on eBay, normally I buy. I'm just a guy with a Tesla.

This is car #191 or the 191st made by Tesla Motors. I'll add more pictures on Friday.

Last edited:
Another auction mistake. Why have a "Buy it now"? Why not let the bidding go?

The quick sale says it would probably have gone higher.

Maybe the owner was happy with breaking even. Many Ebay sales like this fall through so we should keep an eye on this.

Moderators, can we make this Ebay sale a separate thread? Something like "Roadster #191 on Ebay"

Last edited:
The 'buyer' was a brand new ebay account with no bid history.
Many sellers of big ticket items insist on an established account with a long history to avoid bogus bids.

The 'buyer' was a brand new ebay account with no bid history.
Many sellers of big ticket items insist on an established account with a long history to avoid bogus bids.

True, but I don't think that it matters much in this case. The buyer is probably a wealthy individual who doesn't shop on eBay. The fact that he has no bid history may actually be a good thing. If you're going to buy my Tesla for $150k +, I don't really care how many Barbie dolls you've bought on eBay. I'll probably use an escrow service anyway to be safe.

As far as we know the eBay one sold properly as well. I was just saying that a no history bidder has a higher chance of being bogus than one with a longer eBay history.

and that one stuck.

By "donated back" I thought the auction winner decided not to take delivery and let the charity keep the money.

By re-donating the car to the charity, the winner is giving the charity the opportunity to make the same money all over again when they put it up for bid the second time.

In the second round of bidding it's probably going to win at a slightly lower price because the bidder who came in 2nd in the first auction can now make the same high bid they did the first time the car was up for auction but not have that winner outbidding them.

I find it almost incomprehensible that someone would buy a Tesla and give it away, but to each to his or her own taste.

That second round of bidding must have been an extra thrill for the winner.