Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was just pointed out to me that I should add this bit I posted in another thread...

One thing I hate about the VDS is it plays that same sound no matter how serious the problem is. Major drive train failure, shutting down in 30 seconds - BRAP BRAP BRAP!!! Power Limit - BRAP BRAP BRAP!!! Tire pressure monitoring problem - BRAP BRAP BRAP!!! Very distracting when you are driving; you basically have to look at the screen to see whether it's a nuisance or you're about to lose power.

The VDS screen has a readout that says how much Volts and Amps the car is drawing. Now that I can plug in at all sorts of boxes and have no idea of what is coming out of them I like to read that readout.
Problem is, IT"S TOO SMALL!.
In my 1.5 I have to open the door, get down on my knees to get close enough to read it. and it's not just the size, the screen resolution is so poor it can't even create actual full numbers, more like blocky shapes. 208 looks like 230. I need to read this while standing up next to the plug. These numbers on plug-in should be TEN TIMES BIGGER. It's always been ridiculous but now it's irritating as hell. 2.0 owners must have to climb in.