Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster review in the LA Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mostly positive review from the LA Times:
Tesla Roadster packs power in a flash of electricity - Los Angeles Times

What transpires in the next 2 seconds is the heart and soul, the essence and spirit, of the Roadster. This is the trick this one-trick pony does better than perhaps any sports car on Earth. We in the business call it "rolling acceleration."

At about 20 mph I nail the go pedal, and the power electronics module summons a ferocious torrent of amps, energizing the windings of the 375-volt AC-induction motor. Instantly -- I mean right now, like, what the heck hit me? -- the motor's 276 pound-feet of torque is converted to dumbfounding acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very good review, not the least because the writer has an excellent voice in the review.

About the motor feeling laboured around 100miles, he is probably comparing it to other super sports cars which might be very true. Still for Norway it doesn't really matter as at 100 miles, if the police catch you, you loose car, license, insurance on the spot and go straight to jail.

Anyway a very nice review.

Cobos

For a while I wondered what all the fuss was about Dan is. I had met him and he is rather normal. At one event I met Motor Trend's Kim Reynolds who went on and on about how he wishes he could write like Pulitzer Prize winning Dan Neil. I think their skill on video is about equal.

This is one of those clips that shows a skill and creativity worth aspiring to.

video kim
First Drive: 2008 Tesla Roadster Video | Concept Photos, Reviews, & More at Motortrend.com
video dan
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/11/30/la-times-dan-neil-gushes-over-tesla-roadster/

Last edited:
As John Cleese would say, "And now for something completely different":

lol.gif

Last edited by a moderator: