Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Upgrades Page on Tesla Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Activity...

Cool White Parking Lamp Tesla Motors

cool_white_bulb_upgrade_large.jpg

$ 120.00 USD, including installation.

Not a bad price in that it includes installation. Might be worth it if these were LED's, does anyone know?

I can't help but wonder if one reason they haven't installed any HPCs at the supercharger sites is because they are planning an upgrade for the Roadster to be able to supercharge.

- - - Updated - - -

@ViperDoc, how soon will it be 20 years that you've had your Viper on the road? :smile:

Hi Henry!

It isn't a Viper, it is a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT/VR-4. Unfortunately just past 238,000 miles, the rear transaxle started leaking steering fluid. That was about 1.5 years ago. It was in the shop for months before someone would work on it because the rust underneath had gotten so bad (the problem of an all-season car, even one kept in the garage, that lived through the winters in CT and VT). After I finally found a shop that would touch it, an attempt at an easy repair failed. So it is back at that shop. We are waiting for a kit to come off back-order that basically takes the rear wheel steering out (it is all wheel steering). That would stop the leak and make the car a normal front wheel steering car plus take 26 pounds of metal away! If that doesn't ever come through, I guess it is EOL for that car. I had hoped the 3000 could remain my winter car, but my Roadster is holding up nicely in the snow!

the 3000GT VR4 is the real deal. Please keep it forever!

my car is a 94 RX-7. Car I have always wanted but it is chronically on jack stands. It runs great but have been debating selling it to make room for the upcoming X
:(

Another one just appeared:

1.5/2.0 Roadster Front Facia Upgrade
1.5 Tesla Motors

$ 2,800.00 USD

Looking for a visual update to your Roadster 1.5/2.0? This accessory upgrade option will convert your Roadster’s front end to that of the 2.5 configuration. Contact your nearest Service Center to arrange for the scheduled work and drop-off of your Roadster. The new bumper will be painted to your vehicle color at an approved local body shop. All the parts used will be genuine Tesla originals, installed by our expert technicians.

roadster_front_bumper_upgrade_1_large.jpg

I guess I had never seen Ian's note on the skid-guards for the 2.5 front end, so pardon the one-year delay in responding
No problem for the delay. I echo my satisfaction with the skid guards!
All that said, I've seen at least one person (PRJIM) who seems to think that Roadster almost all owners are bailing on their Roadsters to get a Model S. And happily, I have seen others chime in and say that is a load of crap. Well add me to that crew, because even without upgrades I love my Roadster, and I have zero interest in getting rid of it for a Model S. The cars are SO different, and I am just not a candidate for a car that large. Can't see out of it, can't park it in public or in many garages, and it is nowhere near as nimble as the Roadster. So if upgrades come along, great. If not, that's fine too. I admit concern about going out of warranty, but I am currently willing to go there (self-insure) as there is no other car for which I would want to trade in my Roadster. Not even close.
I'm about to have my OPRAH-moment and y'all are my audience for the first public announcement... Gulp ...
I will be selling TESLA-sterone (My Roadster)! There, I said it! :crying:

I don't have any more details on the price, when (it will be in the next 6 months), or how (dealer vs. self) as I have only recently made this decision, but let me explain why...

First, I love my Roadster. Always have (okay, well I loved BOTH my Roadsters in series, not parallel) & always will!
The Model S was supposed to be for my wife. After the 1st week with it, she complained that it was too low! That's how I knew that indeed there were 31 different flavors of ice cream because for me it was too high. I asked her to drive it for a month to see if she'd change her perspective, but alas, even after a month she would much rather return to her full-size SUV. My choice was to sell the S or sell the Roadster. I'm not able to afford both. For a number of reasons, I've opted to sell the Roadster. That being said, if someone asks, which is more fun to drive, then hands down its the Roadster for all the reasons that ipdamages wrote and more!

Okay, I need to step away from the keyboard before I electrocute myself with the tears that are falling in between the keys! :cursing:

For a number of reasons, I've opted to sell the Roadster.

Excuse me while I scrape my chin off the floor.

I would have thought that selling the S and getting in line for Model X for your wife would be a good path. Do you really want to end up with both a Model S and a Model X? Wouldn't a Roadster and a Model X give you some differentiation?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you'll be able to keep your old nose unless you tell them to scrap it.

And considering the number of front-end accidents Roadsters seem to get into, it's probably worth quite a bit on the parts market.

Chemical reactions, such as corrosion, typically progress faster in warmer temperatures. Garages are usually warmer than outdoors, especially heated garages.

Yes, but the car will be pelted by rain, snow, and hail outdoors. The higher humidity is enough to accelerate corrosion outdoors vs. inside the garage.

GSP

PS. Back on topic: I am glad to see Tesla is still pursuing Roadster upgrades