Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rogers is the carrier for Tesla Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can they do this remotely or does the SIM in your card need to be changed? I continually suffer no service state in my 8 year old Model S - I did pay to upgrade my car from 3G to LTE years ago.
Depends... they will do it via eSIM if your car is equipped (should be since you upgraded - I did as well). I believe the first generation cars without upgrades required a physical SIM swap (I'm speculating, I don't know for sure).

Easy way to check which network you're on is to visit an IP checking website like What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More. It'll tell you who owns the IP block you're on.

Recently this week I have noticed no LTE connection, only 3G, and loss of connectivity half the time, while driving around Vancouver. Glad I don't pay for this "premium connectivity" in my model S. I will have to see what my wife's model Y is doing.
I have a 2015 MS with the mcu2 upgrade. Tesla needs to light a fire under their bug fix staff, I also contend with choppy reverse video and skipping music.

Reactions: Choncho
Noticed the issue starting for me yesterday. It's affecting both my Model 3 and Model Y. No LTE, only 3G and even dropped to Edge. So this definitely seems like I've been moved to Rogers as Telus doesn't have an Edge network. Not pleased if this is a sign of things to come.

Have done multiple resets of cars and still no LTE.

I'm located in Surrey, BC

Noticed the issue starting for me yesterday. It's affecting both my Model 3 and Model Y. No LTE, only 3G and even dropped to Edge. So this definitely seems like I've been moved to Rogers as Telus doesn't have an Edge network. Not pleased if this is a sign of things to come.

Check out this thread I had started. Ended up being the MCU

Reactions: Choncho

I was also about to post something about this but I thought maybe it was just me. I never saw this problem when I was out in Calgary but now in the last few days in the Montreal area, I do see it on 3G or no signal. No more LTE or 4G for the last few days (weekend).
I confirm it is happening here in Montreal, QC with my MY LR and I have bought premium connectivity.

I believe there's a wide spread problem. All the people that I know who has a Tesla in Metro Van all have their connection at 3G spotty connecction only since the last firmware update.

I suspect the latest firmware messed with the LTE modem and all the fleet is using the backup 3G connections. I can't imagine the romaing charges costs for Tesla PER DAY from this latest rollout.

I submitted a service request and then Tesla responded with this.
Screenshot_20230515-122010~2.png

I had the same issue of no LTE and only 3G on my MS, strangely occurring right after a service appointment on Thursday. Plus I’ve had to sign into my Slacker account every morning. I booked a mobile service appointment for tomorrow and today they said there is an issue with Rogers and asked me to wait a few days before the service appointment.

Check out this thread I had started. Ended up being the MCU

Are you saying that the Apple Music “Choose Media Source” issue is now fixed for you? What did they have to do to the MCU? This is a widespread issue. I’ve had it with my MS since they launched Apple Music. Curiously I received the 2023.12.5 update last week and Apple Music worked perfectly for four days before resuming the “Choose Media Source” errors.

Are you saying that the Apple Music “Choose Media Source” issue is now fixed for you? What did they have to do to the MCU? This is a widespread issue. I’ve had it with my MS since they launched Apple Music. Curiously I received the 2023.12.5 update last week and Apple Music worked perfectly for four days before resuming the “Choose Media Source” errors.
I no longer seem to have a spinning wheel like I did before. The completely replaced the MCU2 with a new unit. Since then, all seems to be working as it should.