Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rolling windows down remotely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think that the current “remote cooling” feature is smart enough to first turn on the AC using outside air ( and venting the hot inside air to the outside) then once inside temperature is same as outside, start recirculating. Does anyone know if this is the case?

All I have to do for my Infiniti to roll down the windows remotely is to hold the unlock button down for several seconds. I like the feature and hope tesla allows it via the app.

A bit concerned hearing owners discovering their windows rolled down without any input from them. Would be nice to have a notification in-app alerting of this.

And our dearly departed 2012 Passat would even close the windows and the sunroof when the rain sensor sensed rain. Tesla should be able to implement a similar function and roll it out with an OTA update.

Reactions: srjinatl
I am very much aware of that. Depending on whether or not the cameras are active when parked (I doubt they are), this is a possibility. If not, I'm not too worried about it since I never leave my windows open when parked.

Far as I know they're off when parked- though that'd likely change when the long-promised dashcam feature comes around... then again running the AP/AI computer to "detect" rain in the feed takes more power than simply recording raw camera feeds so not sure they'd want that running 24/7 depending on amount of drain.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Window controls on the app would be great. What if your door handle breaks and you can't get into the car? It would be easy to roll the window down and open the door via the inside door handle. This has happened to me. It will be a month and a half before Tesla can fix the issue. Now I have to enter the passenger door and reach over to open the driver's door. That's a pain in the butt, and possibly soon a pain in my back!

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up