Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof and WindShield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tinted the windshield but left the roof alone. I worry about changing the roof as other manufacturers have had roofs break because of the tint. At least from Tesla the roof blocks UV whereas the side windows even the back windows do not

I tinted the windshield, but not the roof. I might buy a sunscreen for the roof once Tesla makes one and sells it in their store. I live near Los Angeles and we have already had a few 90-100 degree days and the heat from the roof has not been very noticeable for me so far.....

• Helpful
Reactions: captanzuelo
I tinted my windshield and front driver and passenger windows. The glass roof seems to do a good job blocking heat from the cabin. I am in a hot climate, and so far, no issues. I can definitely tell the difference after tinting the front and side windows.

My model y is currently in the shop getting 70% on the windshield and 25% on the front driver and passenger side windows. Over the last few weeks I haven't noticed a significant amount of heat from the roof in 90+ degree temperatures. So I plan on leaving the roof alone for now.

I've had my Model Y for 3 months now. From Seattle & drove down to Phoenix to see family. The Y was very hot so I had an installer friend put 25% on the front driver/passenger side windows, 70% on the front windshield & a 20% ceramic for the sun roof. Since the sun roof was so big, he used residential window tint normally used for home windows. Helped with heat and privacy a lot! Although, with that dark of tint, its very hard to see inside the car at night with black interior.