TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roof won't open.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SkyKidFalken, Mar 14, 2013.

1. SkyKidFalken

SkyKidFalken TSLA Fanboy

Hello

My sunroof is not opening since day one. On the pick-up day, I was told to wait for an update to fix some software issues, including the sunroof.

It's been 3 months and I've had 3 patches, but the sunroof is still not opening.

I live in Vancouver. It's very rainy down here so I don't mind keeping the sunroof closed all day.

Maybe it's not a software issue.

Anyone had the same problem?

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Get to a service center and get it fixed .... clearly not a software issue at this point...

3. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

Happened to me, suspiciously right after 4.2 download. Worked for months before that. I have not taken time to ask about it yet.

4. dtich

dtich #P708

most likely just needs to be recalibrated, takes a minute.

5. SkyKidFalken

SkyKidFalken TSLA Fanboy

Tried to contact the service center in Vancouver. No one answers my call.

I've had bad experience with some of the employees here in Vancouver. They agreed to fix the scratches on my car on the pick-up day but later refused to do so.

6. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I think if you let it ring long enough you call will be forwarded to HQ. At least then there will be a record of your problem in their system.

7. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

That sounds like bad customer service. Did you have the scratches noted as a due bill repair at delivery? Have you called Tesla's ownership experience team to escalate your request?

8. RichA

RichA Member

I had this happen with the 4.2 update. Call the service center, they contacted engineering who called me while I waited in my car. They recalibrated over the air and it worked right away. About a 10 minute process. I hope your fix is as simple.