Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotate without Alignment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AKinDC

Apr 30, 2019
DC
I've got a leaking tire to get checked out...got an appointment with NTB...and since I'm due for a rotation, I figured I might as well get it done while I'm there.
The only thing is, they said they don't have the capability to do alignments for Teslas.
Is that a problem?
Can't get into a Tesla service station for a few weeks, but I can certainly wait to rotate if need be.

You don't need an alignment, I find their inability to do a alignment on a Tesla is dubious. Therefore, if you decide to let them rotate your tires, I would watch them during the whole event, some places are just questionable.

Like I'd be able to tell anything by watching...
They did say they had plenty of experience with Teslas, and asked me if I kept lift pucks in my car, so I figured that's a good sign

Like I'd be able to tell anything by watching...
They did say they had plenty of experience with Teslas, and asked me if I kept lift pucks in my car, so I figured that's a good sign

I apologize, I assumed you were familiar with the tire rotation process.

I always try to watch people work on my property,

1. I might learn something new
2. To make sure they are doing it right
3. If they make a mistake, they don't hide it.

After all, no one has your best interest in mind than you do.

Man in the years I e driven cars I usually rotate when I get a new car. Otherwise I don’t rotate and usually my tires last for years. I mever bump my tire into parking stall blocks, and I never hit the curb. So yah rotate with out alignment is fine imho. When I do rotate the alignment is within specs.

switch front to back staying on the same side is the official word from Tesla

Yup... keep the tires going the same direction.
Might be because it's about all they can do in a driveway... unless mobile techs travel with QuickJacks. I personally do a rearward cross as long as the tires aren't directional. Otherwise I always end up wearing out the left-hand side first because of extreme off-ramping. Having a square setup is one of my favorite things about this car.