Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotating the screen toward driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out how to rotate the screen toward the driver? I'm getting really serious about wanting to do this.

Thanks for any links or info!

Pull really hard?

PS Don't do that.

PPS There's a thread on here about someone who modified the mount to tilt more toward the driver, but I feel like it's a solution in search of a problem, personally. My wife loves sitting in the car with me and having full access to controls the same way I do.

Techforum is working on one:

You can put down a deposit and buy the kit when it's available.
Nope. Too industrial looking and not easily adjustable. When I’m waiting in a parking lot for someone, I would want to swing it toward me for surfing, gaming, etc. then return it quickly to driving position when I’m ready to leave. This isn’t that.

There's a thread on here about someone who modified the mount to tilt more toward the driver,
Yes I recall that thread as well. I just searched the Model 3 forums for “angled center display”, “rotated center display”, “movable center screen”, “tilted center screen” and various other combinations and could not find it. But I know it exists. Somewhere...

When I’m waiting in a parking lot for someone, I would want to swing it toward me for surfing, gaming, etc. then return it quickly to driving position when I’m ready to leave.

Funny, I'd want a rotating/tilting one to push towards my passenger so they could watch something or play a game while I am driving without distracting me.

I often travel during sporting events. I can't tell you the number of times we stream the game on my phone so the audio is through the car radio, but the video is hidden from me by either being upside down or my son watching it.

Would be nice to stream Netflix but only if the screen were turned away. As it is, I "watch" Netflix while driving and just listen while the others watch. Same with Karokee, let the words pop, but I can't be watching them... or as FSD becomes better, maybe I *can* watch them while on the highway...

Matt from Tech forum has a model 3 mount cheap if someone is looking for one.
There is a blem in the alum milling which does not affect mount in anyway and is not even seen when installed.
$175.00..($100 off) If someone wants it PM and ill make it happen..
Still new never installed

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial